Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • pincushion swap signup ends Aug 2nd, mail deadline Sept 15th, Please be sure to send thank yous. >
  • pincushion swap signup ends Aug 2nd, mail deadline Sept 15th, Please be sure to send thank yous.

• pincushion swap signup ends Aug 2nd, mail deadline Sept 15th, Please be sure to send thank yous.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:27 AM

These are not part of the swap but I did buy them from a board member. When they got here they were just like a burgundy one I found at a swap shop.Mine is in hiding in my sewing room.Arghhhhhh. But thought I would share. They are vintage and old but apparently the chairs were made out of cans like coke cans and curled. SO cute. Just wanted to share.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-110211.jpe   attachment-110212.gif  
    Old 09-15-2010, 12:06 PM

It's been 8 days since I sent my pincushion package to my swap partner and still no word that she's received it. Hoping to hear that it arrived very soon.
    Old 09-15-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by barbsbus
    Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    I had a very nice surprise pincushion from RedGarnett222. It is made with a really cute frog that has a hat that comes off and you put a spool of thread inside it's body and put the thread through a hole in the top of the hat. It likes to sit on the arm of my favorite sewing chair. Thank you so much RedGarnett222
    Your so welcome and Thanks so much again for running the swap. I am so glad you like it!

I just wanted to say everyone did such a nice job on thier pincushions. Each one so different and cute! I would join another one barbsbus.

In a couple days I will start another one. This was a lot of fun, I still need to hear from anyone who has not received a pincushion or had contact with their partner if it is going to be sent late. I have about 15 people's names without info if the pincushions were sent.
    MY swap partner has not responded that she received her pin cushion....P.O conformation says it has been delivered
    Old 09-15-2010, 12:35 PM

Sally's Girl, We did send PM's back & forth about the pin cushion swap thanking each other. I just haven't been able to post a photo yet for which I apologize! I will try to get that done tonight. Sally's girl made me a cute blue sunflower pin cushion that wraps around your sewing machine with velcro. It is a very clever idea and I really appreciate the wonderful gift!
    Old 09-15-2010, 01:20 PM

I received my pincushion today!! Thank you, thank you! Zjsquiltrymomma/Jennie. It is absolutely adorable, she said it was her first pincushion :shock: :lol: doesn't look like it to me.And she sent a very nice card, pins, and a moda charm pk as well.This board is the best place, you gain friends and goodies too, from all over the world. :thumbup:

my funky chicken pincushion & goodies
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]110764[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-110759.jpe  
    Old 09-15-2010, 01:23 PM

Sent my pincushion to Rajean in Macon, GA today!
    Old 09-15-2010, 01:27 PM

I had a very nice surprise pincushion from RedGarnett222. It is made with a really cute frog that has a hat that comes off and you put a spool of thread inside it's body and put the thread through a hole in the top of the hat. It likes to sit on the arm of my favorite sewing chair. Thank you so much RedGarnett222
    How cute & smart. I have that same frog. He was a potpourrie holder from Avon many years ago.
    Old 09-15-2010, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    These are not part of the swap but I did buy them from a board member. When they got here they were just like a burgundy one I found at a swap shop.Mine is in hiding in my sewing room.Arghhhhhh. But thought I would share. They are vintage and old but apparently the chairs were made out of cans like coke cans and curled. SO cute. Just wanted to share.
    These are very much like the ones my late f-i-l made, I believe back in the 80's. There were several items being made from beverage cans. They're still cute! Probably buried somewhere in m-i-l's house! Penny
    Old 09-15-2010, 01:48 PM

That chicken pincushion is adorable :)
    Old 09-15-2010, 04:27 PM

Well I got my surprise in the mail today -- my pincushion along with a bracelet. Penny you did an outstanding job. (pgthom)

And yes I can understand why you were saying, "I hope it doesn't melt". It sure didn't. It's a sundae glass filled with buttons and a spoon handle inside and the pincushion on top that looks like the ice cream. It's Beautiful. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

sundae pin cushion/bracelet
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]111156[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-111151.jpe