Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • pincushion swap signup ends Aug 2nd, mail deadline Sept 15th, Please be sure to send thank yous. >
  • pincushion swap signup ends Aug 2nd, mail deadline Sept 15th, Please be sure to send thank yous.

• pincushion swap signup ends Aug 2nd, mail deadline Sept 15th, Please be sure to send thank yous.

Old 09-15-2010, 04:40 PM

That ice cream sundae is ADORABLE!!
    Old 09-15-2010, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by ruacajun2
    Well I got my surprise in the mail today -- my pincushion along with a bracelet. Penny you did an outstanding job. (pgthom)

And yes I can understand why you were saying, "I hope it doesn't melt". It sure didn't. It's a sundae glass filled with buttons and a spoon handle inside and the pincushion on top that looks like the ice cream. It's Beautiful. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!
    Looks good enough to eat!
    Old 09-15-2010, 05:04 PM

I received my pin cushion yesterday for my swap partner and it is lovely! I won't get a chance to post any pics until this weekend, but I wanted to say a great big THANK YOU.
    Old 09-15-2010, 05:37 PM

I'm the deliquent one who didn't post a picture of her wonderful pincushion. I apologize for being so late with this as well as my thank you to my wonderful partner Sally's girl. She made my pincushion to wrap around my sewing machine. It is very clever and works great when your hands are full and you need to pull pins. Thank you Aretta for a great swap!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-110878.jpe  
    Old 09-15-2010, 05:40 PM

Thanks Brenda. It was fun to make. I actually had everything used on hand in my studio. Oh, I forgot...the spoon I bought at Sallie Anne's. Glad you enjoyed seeing it. Penny (pgthom) in Kalamazoo, MI
    Old 09-15-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy N
    I'm the deliquent one who didn't post a picture of her wonderful pincushion. I apologize for being so late with this as well as my thank you to my wonderful partner Sally's girl. She made my pincushion to wrap around my sewing machine. It is very clever and works great when your hands are full and you need to pull pins. Thank you Aretta for a great swap!
    This is really clever, and reminds me of the antique machines that you find with something similar still on them. Old wool usually, with pins and needles in them. Good ideas last and last. I might have to make one of these for myself!
    Old 09-15-2010, 10:38 PM

pythom the pattern is a Simplicity I have had for several years....I use mine all the time....Kathy, my work does not compare to your neat handiwork.
    Old 09-16-2010, 02:24 PM

ALl of the pin cushions are just tooooo cute. Hope we do this again. Thank you everyone for sharing pictures.
    Old 09-16-2010, 02:51 PM
    cjr

Lynnie, what kind of glue did you use to glue flower to golf tee. I tried that but did not work. Thank you
    CJR
    Old 09-16-2010, 03:35 PM
    cjr

Received my pincushion from swap partner, Pennylynne. Our minds were on the same path. We both made flower pincushions. Mine was a minature with a magnet on the back. She sent me a larger one with blue petals, yellow center on a very squat Ball jar with buttons in. By the way a couple of the buttons in this jar I have in my button box. To funny. She also sent me a beautiful felt needle holder. Nice surprize.