Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   *****SWAP CLOSED****10" layer cake Batik swap -Quick turnaround ***SWAP CLOSED**** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Aswap-closed%2A%2A%2A%2A10%22-layer-cake-batik-swap-quick-turnaround-%2A%2A%2Aswap-closed%2A%2A%2A%2A-t74469.html)

gaigai 11-16-2010 02:36 PM

Mine are all cut and ready to go to the post office in the morning. I chose my favorites. :P

KarenR 11-16-2010 02:41 PM

Hi - I got my sent in today. I think the ones I picked out would be festive - if not they are beautiful. I had soo much fun - going to the quilt shops and Joannes looking. I found two of them at quilt shops and one at JOAnns. I went to three quilt shops for the first time. You can never go into a quilt store without buying. I'm sure someplace that the rule.
I hope you will love them too!

I had to send mine in a Tyvek mailer - costed $5.05 - the post office was out of large flat rate envelopes, and the three packs fitted so nice in that mailer.

Momma_K 11-16-2010 03:39 PM

Hey Yall!

I got mine off this morning. I wanted a Tyvek but I wanted something sturdier that wouldn't bend so easy. I got a .99 10 x 12 mailer. Perfect fit for two sets and the return mailer. I was going to do cash for return postage but she highly advised against it, so she put three different stamps on it equaling I think it was $2.97 plus the .80 for delivery conformation. I printed my address labels but put the wide packing tape over it to keep dry in case of rain. You know, I didn't even know they made $1.00 postage stamps! Ya learn something every day! I even remembered to staple my samples to the bags! :mrgreen: OH I'm so tickled! I can't wait to get the others in December!! Linda your the greatest for doing this, it has to be a headache in all but be proud of yourself, this is a good thing you do! Oh I let my mother see them before I mailed them, she thought they were very pretty and had a lot of fall coloring in them. Cool! One is called Mullberry, the other is Rust. Thats all I'm saying, I've already said to much!! :shock: :thumbup:

luvTooQuilt 11-16-2010 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Mine are all cut and ready to go to the post office in the morning. I chose my favorites. :P

I cant chose a favorite.. I love all the batiks..

KatFish 11-16-2010 05:26 PM

I mailed mine and PatP's yesterday. Can't wait to see what everyone sent.

luvTooQuilt 11-17-2010 07:58 AM

This is the first of many packages!!!!

5- Lindyline - 3 sets -received in yesterdays mail..

kriscraft99 11-17-2010 08:00 AM

Mine went out today :)

KarenR 11-17-2010 08:03 AM

Thank you for being in charge of this!

Thanks again.

luvTooQuilt 11-17-2010 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by KarenR

Thanks again.

Ill continue to host until the FUN-ness goes away.. lol

Sooooo.. any ideas for the next swap?? lol.... ha haven't finished this one and already plannin the next one.. I must be crazy!!!

Momma_K 11-17-2010 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt

Originally Posted by KarenR

Thanks again.

Ill continue to host until the FUN-ness goes away.. lol

Sooooo.. any ideas for the next swap?? lol.... ha haven't finished this one and already plannin the next one.. I must be crazy!!!

What about something Oriental?!! I LOOOVE those! Just an idea...:lol: