Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   **Row Robin 2011 Group 14** Saphire Sisters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2Arow-robin-2011-group-14%2A%2A-saphire-sisters-t85238.html)

roda 02-01-2011 11:06 AM

Grandma said perfect quilt are like perfect people a real pain that you begain to hate. Where quilts and people with a few faults are warm and easy to love

Ann L 02-01-2011 02:44 PM

We need to listen to Grandma.

Ann L 02-01-2011 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by katinkaB
Hi everyone

hope everyone stays safe through this storm! We are still waiting in Chicago. It does have the advantage of giving me 2 - yes, count them, 2 days for sewing!
And I dedicated them to the RR blocks. Hope fully will have something to show by tomorrow eve :).

Oh, and it'll be no stress, too. No templates, just free cutting and piecing. All cut-off points will be welcome!

I use to love a snow storm. No pressure to go out and do anything but stay inside and do what I wanted. It is 52 here and only getting warmer over night. (sorry
:|) Stay safe, they said the snow was coming down 3-4 inches an hour up there.

katinkaB 02-01-2011 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by roda
Grandma said perfect quilt are like perfect people a real pain that you begain to hate. Where quilts and people with a few faults are warm and easy to love

Wise Grandma, indeed!

katinkaB 02-01-2011 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ann L

I use to love a snow storm. No pressure to go out and do anything but stay inside and do what I wanted. It is 52 here and only getting warmer over night. (sorry
:|) Stay safe, they said the snow was coming down 3-4 inches an hour up there.

I still love storms of all kind! That fierce weather energy just makes me feel alive. Shoveling snow in 3 degrees, though - not so much fun.

Enjoy your nice temperatures!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 02-01-2011 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by roda

:thumbup: :thumbup: Grandma had it right from my point of view!! :-D

katinkaB 02-02-2011 03:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just made my first test block. Still needs a bit tweaking, but be honest, what do you think?

C.Cal Quilt Girl 02-02-2011 03:33 PM

Can't remember what your theme is "yes I'm hanging my head" LOL

Ann L 02-02-2011 05:01 PM

I think it looks good. I have been scratching my head abit over your theme, but now I think I can see some ideas coming. Looks like a dancer to me. Can't wait to see the others.

katinkaB 02-02-2011 06:05 PM

My theme is just a color combination - red and ivory :)
Anything goes, and red and ivory can be interpreted rather loosely.
They also only need to be the dominant colors, so if a bit of something else sneaks in, that's just fine.