Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   **Row Robin 2011 Group 14** Saphire Sisters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2Arow-robin-2011-group-14%2A%2A-saphire-sisters-t85238.html)

seymoore 02-02-2011 07:02 PM

KatinkaB - I love that block, it's very eclectic. Red and Ivory will be fun to work with!

I worked a lot on my blocks yesterday while we were in the middle of the blizzard we received. Then today I was shoveling snow, NOT FUN! 2-3 foot drifts, I have never seen that much snow!!! I'm so exhausted tonight and have to go back to work tomorrow. Still, in my head, I sooooo want to be working on my row! I'm doing a lot of hand applique, and I can take it to work and do it on my lunch break. I will post pics this weekend for sure.

One pieced block I am going to do is the Alaskan Star, the other is Alaska Homestead. Two others are applique forget-me-nots. Haven't decided on the 5th one, thinking about a Gaggle of Pinwheels, just because it looks fun. LOL

Everyone have a good night!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 02-02-2011 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by katinkaB
My theme is just a color combination - red and ivory :)
Anything goes, and red and ivory can be interpreted rather loosely.
They also only need to be the dominant colors, so if a bit of something else sneaks in, that's just fine.

Thanks for the reminder !! :) Like it !!

katinkaB 02-02-2011 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by seymoore
KatinkaB - I love that block, it's very eclectic. Red and Ivory will be fun to work with!

I worked a lot on my blocks yesterday while we were in the middle of the blizzard we received. Then today I was shoveling snow, NOT FUN! 2-3 foot drifts, I have never seen that much snow!!! I'm so exhausted tonight and have to go back to work tomorrow. Still, in my head, I sooooo want to be working on my row! I'm doing a lot of hand applique, and I can take it to work and do it on my lunch break. I will post pics this weekend for sure.

One pieced block I am going to do is the Alaskan Star, the other is Alaska Homestead. Two others are applique forget-me-nots. Haven't decided on the 5th one, thinking about a Gaggle of Pinwheels, just because it looks fun. LOL

Everyone have a good night!

Thanks seymoore!
We are in the same boat as far as shoveling and snow are concerned! 1.5 hrs to dig out my car and I am sore! Need to work on my technique :)
And 6am work tomorrow, brr it's going to be cold! Talk about Alaska!! That should give us some inspiration for your theme, yes?
I love pinwheels!
Happy sewing everyone!

katinkaB 02-02-2011 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
Like it !!

Thank you!

roda 02-05-2011 11:02 AM

katinkaB as soon as I can get to town I'm going to send my blocks if thats ok. Because I'm not sure about the weather and how long its going to take to get there

seymoore 02-05-2011 08:01 PM

Who will give us our addresses to send to? Just wondering.... :-)

roda 02-05-2011 08:25 PM

All the address are listed on the activity page of the swap for our group. But you send to me i'm pretty sure i'll check

seymoore 02-05-2011 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by roda
All the address are listed on the activity page of the swap for our group. But you send to me i'm pretty sure i'll check

Oh duh! Now I remember. LOL Thanks Roda!

katinkaB 02-06-2011 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by roda
katinkaB as soon as I can get to town I'm going to send my blocks if thats ok. Because I'm not sure about the weather and how long its going to take to get there

Wohoo, squishy packages! Can't wait to see!

Today is my big push to finish my row. Hopefully in the mail on Tuesday!

seymoore 02-06-2011 08:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I am in the middle of block 3. I promise I will be ready to mail by the due date though! Life is just so busy these days! Grrrrrr, all I want to do is sew!!!

Forget-me-not applique
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137387[/ATTACH]

Alaska homestead
[ATTACH=CONFIG]137862[/ATTACH]

Alaska star - paper-piecing WIP
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138003[/ATTACH]

Fabric I am using on my row.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138076[/ATTACH]