Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   **Row Robin 2011 Group 14** Saphire Sisters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2Arow-robin-2011-group-14%2A%2A-saphire-sisters-t85238.html)

seymoore 02-09-2011 10:28 AM

Roda, someone recommeneded "fidgety" to me, she sells the thread catchers. So I ordered one from her. If you have other suggestions, I would be glad to look at them. Won't hurt to have more than one! LOL Thanks for asking!

KatinkaB - how's it going? Well, everynight this week I have been running all over the country-side with things I have to get done, and even tonight will be like that. And I am longing to work on my row!!! Tomorrow night is probably a good nite, that is if I don't fall asleep while sitting quietly for so long. LOL I'm having a hard time staying awake at work today! Taking a break now and refreshing my mind with all the wonderful quilt board activities. It took me 2 hours to drive to work today because of the snow! Grrrrrrrrr, very frustrating! It's usually a 30 minute drive.

Thanks for the compliment on my yoyo - Once I finally decided what to do, that block didn't take too long. I have another that I am doing applique on, it's such good therapy when I have a needle in my hand, ya know?! :-)

Ann L 02-09-2011 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by katinkaB

Originally Posted by seymoore
So you read German then? That's pretty awesome!

I am originally from Germany, but have been living in the States for 21 years now.
I also have Japanese quilting mags (love those!) and am great at "reading" the pictures :).

How is it coming along for you? Your applique Forget-Me-Not is great with that cute jo-jo.

I was wondering with that name. My familly and I spent 11 years in Germany with the military, our son was born there, he married a German girl . My side of the family is pretty much all German so needless to say, Germany is dear to our hearts. Oh yes, my husband and I met in Germany 33 years ago.

roda 02-11-2011 02:49 PM

KatinkaB hope you got my rows. I'm snowed in agian but should be able to get out tomorrow

katinkaB 02-12-2011 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by roda
KatinkaB hope you got my rows. I'm snowed in agian but should be able to get out tomorrow

Just checked the mail - and your row is here! I love it, my head is already turning ideas.

I like your label, too! Especially as I just messed mune up and have to go for a second try today :).

And I think I recognize the raven. Is it a pattern by Regina Grewe?

katinkaB 02-12-2011 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ann L

I was wondering with that name. My familly and I spent 11 years in Germany with the military, our son was born there, he married a German girl . My side of the family is pretty much all German so needless to say, Germany is dear to our hearts. Oh yes, my husband and I met in Germany 33 years ago.

Wow, 11 years is a lot longer than most military spend ther, isn't it?
People are always surprised to hear that Manuela is actually a pretty common name in Germany.

Ann L 02-12-2011 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by katinkaB

Originally Posted by Ann L

Wow, 11 years is a lot longer than most military spend ther, isn't it?
People are always surprised to hear that Manuela is actually a pretty common name in Germany.

that was total time. the most at one time was 6 years 1993-1999. Loved it there.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 02-13-2011 10:58 AM

Sure we all recieved the notification from Bookworm about sashing, when I first rec'd was a little confused, so ask for clarification.
Sashing is not a problem, just supply it yourself. and send with your Row, I'll send mine out as it hits the next person.
If you decide would rather not do individual blocks ( for example mine) and want to run one full strip 60x12.5 let me know and can send a full piece to fill in any gap on the ends of the row, if you have a planned 60 inch panel.
Hope that made since. Think we'll all work well to make this come out for what ever the person prefers, know I don't mind, and think once these start around, will be fun to watch the changes to each top :)

Ann L 02-14-2011 02:37 AM

Putting mine in the mail today. With luck Carol you should see it this week. No sashing on mine unless you want to put it on yourself as part of your blocks/row.

katinkaB 02-14-2011 08:10 AM

I am on the way to the post office now. Ann, hope you'll see the package soon!

C.Cal Quilt Girl 02-14-2011 12:27 PM

Alrightie Ann will get the catchers mit on and watch for it :) Mine should go out this afternoon, tomorrow at the latest.
Happy Valentines all!!