Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

Fraew 07-27-2013 07:11 AM

Wow! All this candy sure makes having a birthday fun!!
Thank you: marybrace, aquiltymama, AHWU, sustraley, honchey, abdconsultant, carrot, sewmany,mitcham, gandee, lisa_wanna_b_quilter, jarenie, goldendog55, sew4nin, JNCT14, mamaskeeto, quilting dragon, sheriR, barb, Darcene, nls. I also have 2 fabulous mysteries from Connellsville, PA and Portaga, MI! You ladies are fabulous. Thanks again. :)

JNCT14 07-27-2013 07:32 AM

Oh my goodness Laurel, sending many warm thoughts your way!!!! hope things get better really soon!!!!

JNCT14 07-27-2013 07:34 AM

Happy birthday Fraew!!!! I wanna see what you end up making with your candies. I also want to see Karen's Chiclet quilt!!!!!! I do really like that pattern - now I can't decide if I should use that one or the 5 at 5.....

sewmany 07-27-2013 04:11 PM

Weekly candy update, Thank you ladies for the beautiful candies and the Extras.

Marybrace.............. Mitcham.................... JNCT14
Aquiltymama..................... Gandee1................. mamaskeeto
Honchey................ Lisa wanna b quilter.................. quiltingdragon
Abdconsultant..........sustraley...........fraew.. ..........carrot...
sheriR...........lstew2212.............nls........ ...Barbkibler....Jeanie.....wmuteach....Jarenie... ...Mariposa....goldendog55....sew4nin.....ahwu...

carrot 07-27-2013 04:44 PM

Hi !! got two more the last couple of days....I think one was from dottiedodge and the other one was from jarenie- thank you ladies and thank you Jarenie for the pattern !!! I really like it !!

I am going to double ck but I think I am only missing 3. This is so much fun !!! Can't wait to start sewing my "candy" together:D:D:D:D

barbarakibler23 07-28-2013 08:30 PM

Getting ready for baby

1 Attachment(s)
I made this for my soon to be grandson (due August 7th) ......his room is Hungry Caterpillar. It was hard to find the fabric. I guess it was in stores a few years ago. (can't tell by the picture it is a wall hanging)

My daughter does not know I made this...she just knows I am making something.

I was going to make a quilt but my mom made one. She has made a quilt for all of her children (8) grandchildren (20) and great-grandchildren (5). Wasn't gonna get in the way of a tradition.

Now....gonna try and get the quilt pictures on the board..........

Barb

barbarakibler23 07-28-2013 08:37 PM

My Quilt (finally)

1 Attachment(s)
This is the quilt that I received two weeks ago. I have been showing it off to everyone I know! It is so beautiful. The pictures don't do the quilt justice . The quilting is awesome and different in each square!

Thanks again to all of you.

Barb

barbarakibler23 07-28-2013 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Lstew2212..........thank you Lisa!
This sunflower is made with 20 orange petals and a big bright yellow center! Each petal is separately quilted with a swirl. I think this is appliquéd on white fabric....I have never done this yet...looking forward to trying this someday!

Thanks again Lisa

barbarakibler23 07-28-2013 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this square is made up 25 little squares. It is a 5 x 5 with alternating fabrics. Teals, browns and beige are the main colors. I love this square and think I might use our candy squares to make some squares like this.

But I don't know who to thank......this one does not have a name on it...so please let me know who made this one......

barbarakibler23 07-28-2013 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you JNCT14...Janice
This square has pink, yellow and a pink batik. I have never seen this pattern before which makes it so special. I love the colors you put together. The quilting (all done by Janice) has a petal look in each of the flower petals, then there is an all over quilting in the white area.

Thanks Janice...I know that you did ALL the quilting and I think you did the planning an organizing.