Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

barbarakibler23 11-10-2014 11:20 AM

UPDATE on my Dad...the roller coaster

My dad has taken another turn for the worse. He has been a rehab since Tuesday (nov 4th) my mom spends almost her entire day there and my siblings and I visit daily. Last weekend two sibling came in town from Cincinnati. It was great to see them but they are mostly in the visiting mode...not in the daily care mode. They are leaving the getting the parents in a "home" up to me and my 2 sisters. It is tough, my dad hardly is awake and doesn't really know where he is. Then when he "remembers" he just cries to go home. It is so hard to see a man that was "bigger then life" to a crumpled man.
We don't see him really getting better, we need to find a place for him to go after rehab. The place that he in is just temporary he can only stay there a few more weeks. He is also too far gone to go to a senior living place with my mom. I am working on finding round the clock nursing care because my mom will not put him in a nursing home.
Also in Michigan (don't know if any other state) at a nursing care facility they can not have rails on the sides of the bed anymore. My dad fell out of bed Saturday night and now complaining of pain in his ribs. He will get x ray today to see if he broke his ribs.
Today I am at my own house so I could get some stuff done.....talking with you ladies helps...so thanks
Barb

letsquilt 11-10-2014 03:01 PM

Barb,Im so sorry about your Dad taking a turn for the worse.My prayers are with you!

sewbizgirl 11-10-2014 04:35 PM

Sorry to hear all this Barb. You will be in my prayers during this difficult time. Hope your Dad did not break any ribs.

Anoka Quilter 11-10-2014 06:29 PM

Sorry to hear about your Dad Barb. I wish for you all the strength you need to get through this.

Jannie 11-10-2014 07:26 PM

Barb, sorry to hear your father has taken a step backwards. This could be a long road ahead so take care of yourself and we will manage while you tend to more important things.

SheriR 11-10-2014 07:56 PM

Oh Barb. It sounds what I went through last summer with my father in law. It was so difficult on mom. Im sad rembering. I'm so sorry. You are certainly in my prayers. Please take care of yourself too. I'm glad you got today. BIG hugs!

barbarakibler23 11-11-2014 06:18 AM

thanks for the kind words ladies.

Daisy Dew 11-11-2014 08:00 AM

Sorry to hear about your dad Barb. But I'm sure he is bolstered by his children being with him and your mom during this difficult time.

Janice McC 11-11-2014 08:18 AM

Barb, I am sorry to hear of your father's setback. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Daisy Dew 11-11-2014 08:32 AM

Give a vet a hug day! Blessing to all our Veterans today and every day. 2 of my brothers were in WWII they have passed on. to my brothers- in-laws, nephews and nieces and my dear son who have served.