Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

Bugaroo 10-24-2020 04:12 AM

Correction... in my post I addressed "Carriem". Should have been Macybaby. I got my receive and send confused.

Iceblossom 10-24-2020 06:15 AM

So much beauty and joy!

Today is going to be a bit busy, and I'm finding more and more if I don't post before noon I don't post at all...

But today while the hubby is at work I'll be laying out my 9-patch blocks and putting that quick project together.

And I did come up with the most perfect ending for Mary's quilt... if I can just bridge that gap between the idea and the reality. I'm hoping it works. I've pulled some fabric. But there are still some translation issues to work out.

Hope everyone has a good day with whatever translations they have to deal with. Today I'm feeling very good that my lingering lung congestion is down to a manageable couple of minutes of coughing mostly in the morning.

It sure turned into fall quickly here. With our little pack of dogs we keep the doors open as much as possible, but not below 60! To the delight of the skiers "it is snowing in the pass". Good for them, hope it stays there and out of my yard this winter. I have a tradition of forecasting the weather by onions. You need local onions, but the harder the winter, the more of those paper layers and the thinner the rings are. My belief is that this is going to be a pretty easy winter -- at least where the onions were grown on the other side of the state. The walla walla onions had thick rings and barely any paper.

maryb119 10-24-2020 08:01 AM

Quote fro iceblossom.....It sure turned into fall quickly here. With our little pack of dogs we keep the doors open as much as possible, but not below 60! To the delight of the skiers "it is snowing in the pass". Good for them, hope it stays there and out of my yard this winter. I have a tradition of forecasting the weather by onions. You need local onions, but the harder the winter, the more of those paper layers and the thinner the rings are. My belief is that this is going to be a pretty easy winter -- at least where the onions were grown on the other side of the state. The walla walla onions had thick rings and barely any paper.
_

Iceblossom....my mom watched the winter forecast by watching the wooly catapillers. The darker they are...the worst the winter. I don't know if it's true but she swore by it.

sewbizgirl 10-24-2020 08:23 AM

Mona, there is no "average"... Your work is always lovely. You have contributed well to every quilt you have worked on! https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/wink.png

Mona G 10-24-2020 12:12 PM

Thanks everyone for your encouragements, yes we are our own worst enemy.
you all make me want to push myself out of my comfort zone and make me a better quilter.

Bugaroo 10-24-2020 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is Macybaby's finished top. I hope you like it. The picture made the colors brighter than they are and the yellow prairie points kind of washed out in color. I'll have in the mail next week.

maryb119 10-24-2020 03:58 PM

Bugaroo! Great ending for Macybaby's quilt!

carriem 10-24-2020 04:02 PM

Bugaroo, love your addition to Macybaby's quilt.

Also others that were finished this week...I am sorry I didn't comment on them all!! I wasn't getting notifications this week so didn't realize had others get added to...

I have 2 sides on Bugaroo's quilt...hope to work on it a bit more tomorrow. :) My goal is to mail by the end of the week.

sewbizgirl 10-24-2020 05:09 PM

What a bright, fun quilt for Macybaby. Great finish, Bug, and great effort from the whole group. Congrats!

Macybaby 10-25-2020 06:39 AM

Bugaroo - that looks very nice!

I've got to get TG's quilt ready to mail. It's been safely stashed in the LA room while I was painting and moving stuff around. I've still not opened up Jaba's top, and am looking forward to working on that. Right now I'm getting caught up with the Pumpkin block swap - those have to be in the mail in another week.