Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

Mona G 06-24-2020 08:31 AM

Looks like TG center will be delivered today. I'll keep working on my curved log cabin quilt until it arrives and I get an idea for my round.

Bugaroo 06-24-2020 11:28 AM

Carrie, I got your center... it came a day early! Oh my the blues are so different from the picture. Glad i waited to match things up.

Question though, do I leave the paper or remove it around the outer edges to attache a border? Thanks

carriem 06-24-2020 12:19 PM

Bugaroo-- I usually just leave the papers on until the quilt is all sewn. If it is easier for you to take the edge pieces off now to add your border, you can...but don't feel like you have to take all the papers off. :)

Iceblossom 06-24-2020 01:32 PM

My box from Reba arrived today, so fun to see the fabrics in person. I have plenty ideas and will be getting back on schedule -- so just to make sure, what is my intended mail out date?

Let's get me going full speed from here on out!

travelinggramma 06-24-2020 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mona G (Post 8396161)
Looks like TG center will be delivered today. I'll keep working on my curved log cabin quilt until it arrives and I get an idea for my round.

I just looked - and it is taking the scenic route. Keep working on those curved log cabin and show us a picture

sewbizgirl 06-24-2020 03:03 PM

Iceblossom, for your group the mailing date is the 15th of every month. So your next mailing deadline is July 15, which is a little over 3 weeks.

Please everyone, try to ship the cheapest way possible, which is the Priority Flat Rate Padded Envelope. It would be too expensive to be shipping a box every month. Try and fit it all into a PFRPE. I mailed my first shipment to Reba by first class mail, since it was small and light, but all the rest of my shipments will be in a PFRPE. Don't send too much fabric! The boxes are really expensive now, and we have lots of mailings to do.

Thank you and my wallet thanks you! https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/wink.png

Iceblossom 06-25-2020 09:32 AM

But I can mail ahead? That was the downfall for me last time :) I did send some extra fabric with mine (not much), but I know it could have flattened out quite a bit more than I did for the next round, originally I had it stacked to fit in a small flat rate box (the VHS/Paperback sized) instead of spreading it wider. My wallet says I'm happy to send along extra postage for anyone who would like it. I just love the flat rates myself, I spent a lot of my working life mailing out stuff. The downside is that I have to go into the lobby to mail them, not just the parcel drop or the box outside.

I'm super excited with the square I received. I've gotten the initial idea, picked out a few fabrics from stash to go with what Reba sent along and I'm now humming to myself with my graph paper pad in hand. I was amazed how fast that inspiration struck, but now the fiddling begins!

carriem 06-25-2020 10:05 AM

Mona--I got your center today! I can't wait to get started. :)

Iceblossom--it is my understanding that you can send early as long as you check with your person to be sure they are ready for it.

sewbizgirl 06-25-2020 10:10 AM

Ice, I don't see why you couldn't mail ahead. Sure, go ahead. I'm glad the ideas are flowing for your block. Fun!

Does everyone know you can buy postage online and then just pop it in the box, without having to go to a Post Office? That is how I do it, most of the time. It's so much easier.

Today I am working on my Pony Club quilt, an old UFO. I hope to get a lot of the blocks made before my next Robin arrives.

Mona G 06-25-2020 10:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 8396272)
I just looked - and it is taking the scenic route. Keep working on those curved log cabin and show us a picture

Yep, it sure took it's sweet time, but it is out for delivery right now.
I'm trying to decide which layout I like better and if I want to mix and match the two squares.
Thoughts?