Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

carriem 06-25-2020 10:40 AM

Mona I like the first layout better. I have fabrics picked out...just trying to decide on the border now.

Mona G 06-25-2020 10:50 AM

Can't wait to see what you decide on.

Iceblossom 06-25-2020 11:01 AM

I decided it is impolite to mail early unless asked :)

maryb119 06-25-2020 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom (Post 8396575)
I decided it is impolite to mail early unless asked :)

If you want to mail early, it is fine with me. It is not a problem at all.

Bugaroo 06-25-2020 04:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Confession first.... I thought women who had several machines were a nutty. Well, I am now among the nutty. My "traveling" machine is an old (over 30 years) Bernia, which I love. But it is very heavy and going to classes is an ordeal and it shouldn't be. So I went this morning and got a 13 pound machine... love it! Sorry for my previous thoughts.

Now to my row addition to Carriem.. I had material all picked out until I went to get the new machine this morning. Then I saw this purple cabbage material and just had to add it to your quilt. Sounds crazy but the colors are just so vibrant.

Have faith... I have a plan! These are the materials all except the green. For some reason it was pushed out of the picture.

givio 06-25-2020 05:33 PM

Bugaroo, That is cool fabric! I really enjoy my Crown of Thorns houseplants. I've never seen them on fabric before. I'm sort of jealous of that round you are sewing! :-)

I'm still waiting for LeeAnn's center to arrive. I hope to see it soon.

carriem 06-25-2020 05:45 PM

Bugaroo--that is fun! I can't wait to see it all put together. Enjoy your new machine. I use a Janome 6600...a big/heavy machine...as my primary machine. My daughter often goes sewing with me. She uses the small one while I have to drag my big one around, so I can completely relate!! She is busy with work and college now, so maybe next time I need to take a machine I can take "hers". :)

Mona--I got your border all cut out today and started sewing it together. Hopefully it turns out like it is in my head...if not at least I have plenty of time to redo it!!

sewbizgirl 06-25-2020 06:11 PM

Mona... wow! I love both of those layouts.

sewbizgirl 06-25-2020 06:15 PM

Those fabrics are amazing, Bug! I love them all.

Is anyone else in Group 1 still waiting for a center to work on? Partners always need to provide tracking numbers to their partner...

Bugaroo 06-25-2020 06:26 PM

Mona, I also like the first layout of your log cabin. It just shows more color.

Givo, would you believe I got that material at Walmart back before all the craziness? Our Walmart sometimes gets in partial bolts of Waverly Fabric and I got several yards not know what I would do with it... sound familiar?

Carriem, so glad you like them. I am having fun with the patterns and contrast.