Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

maryb119 06-25-2020 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8396672)
Those fabrics are amazing, Bug! I love them all.

Is anyone else in Group 1 still waiting for a center to work on? Partners always need to provide tracking numbers to their partner...

I am still waiting for the first center to arrive. Hopefully it will come tomorrow.

sewbizgirl 06-25-2020 06:39 PM

Please everyone post in this thread when you mail and when you receive, so no one is left wondering. Please do this every time you mail or receive. And after mailing, please pm the tracking # to your partner. Thank you.

Mona G 06-25-2020 06:53 PM

Got my center today, I hope to get started this weekend.

LAF2019 06-25-2020 07:42 PM

Bug - love those fabrics, can't wait to see what you produce!

Macybaby 06-26-2020 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bugaroo (Post 8396655)
Confession first.... I thought women who had several machines were a nutty. Well, I am now among the nutty.

I can verify that they are! When we moved in December, I had to really pair down and feel very good that I'm down to around 125 machines.

I've been working on my red quilt while waiting for the next round - got 8 more 6" blocks and then the FG border and I'll be ready to put it all together. Have not used the LA since we moved, and I'm thinking this will be the first quilt done in the new home!

travelinggramma 06-26-2020 07:53 AM

I purchased my first Babylock when we were full time RVers and I fell in love with quilting. 10 years later and while it was in the repair shop I got my first Bernina Recorder - and yes, heavy as all get out. But I love it. And it hums. I have a lightweight used lightweight to bring with me to classes. Two years ago DH replaced the BabyLock with another. Two days ago the footpedal didn't work. Brought it in and found out it is a common issue, under warrantee, not the foot pedal but the plug in the machine. And they are 8 weeks out for repairs. So thankful to have my Bernina humming away.

Bug - I had to take a double look at the cabbage. Those colors are so vibrant. Awesome, save some for mine!!

MacyBaby - did you get you get Bugs center? And did Jaba get yours?
I am working on Jaba's center and thinking I have it right!!

maryb119 06-26-2020 08:17 AM

=Bugaroo;8396655]Confession first.... I thought women who had several machines were a nutty. Well, I am now among the nutty. My "traveling" machine is an old (over 30 years) Bernia, which I love. But it is very heavy and going to classes is an ordeal and it shouldn't be. So I went this morning and got a 13 pound machine... love it! Sorry for my previous thoughts.

I had to laugh at this, Bugaroo. I used to think that way too but I am nutty as well. I kept my first electronic Pfaff 7550 and it is about 25 years old. I take it to class because it is so much lighter than the ICON. My grand daughters love to sew on it when they come. I can use my ICON. I also have a surger and a long arm, and my pride and joy is a 1915 Singer treadle machine that my mom taught me to sew on. It once belonged to my mom's great grandmother and has been handed down. If I am sewing something that needs two different colors of thread, I simply thread each one with a color and move back and forth between machines. Each machine does something different and I do use them all.

jaba 06-26-2020 08:44 AM

I haven't received a top yet, maybe in today's mail. Macybaby, the number you sent to me will not track on the USPS site so I haven't been able to track your center.

Macybaby 06-26-2020 09:11 AM

Jaba, I must have typed the number wrong because I can get tracking - I'll resend it. Tracking shows it's suppose to be delivered tomorrow.

Rebaquilts 06-26-2020 09:23 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8396731)
I can verify that they are! When we moved in December, I had to really pair down and feel very good that I'm down to around 125 machines.

A woman after my own heart. I quit counting, don't have quite that many, but do have quite a few. Enjoy some pics, my custom 222, mint trapezoid #74 with tan 301, Jones swan neck, like-new #20 toy singer from Italy (love the label) and newly refinished case with the like-new peach and silver White (motor needs new brushes). Reba