Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

maryb119 06-26-2020 09:31 AM

Iceblossom! The center came today!! I have a couple of ideas and I will play around to figure out which one looks the best. Thanks!

Iceblossom 06-26-2020 09:39 AM

Mary and I have been in conversations, and the box shows as being delivered to her this afternoon. Other than me dropping that ball -- I'm no longer using a bat to beat myself up so much -- I will have to keep in mind that her address takes one more day for delivery than usual. So I will either mail out to her at her request, or the 14th.

I don't have as many machines as I once had... but during lock down both my expensive Bernina and my vintage Remington (my two favorites) had issues so I was using a really low end Brother (probably retailed for $100 or less new) for the last couple of months. I also have a vintage Pfaff, and my husband's grandmother's well used machine in a cabinet (it is a workhorse, not a beauty but part of the memories of grandma and life on the farm). I loaned my neighbor my 301 to make masks, but got that back this week. That 301 is such a nice sturdy machine, I probably would have loaned out the Brother instead, but I gave them my elastic and was using bias binding for my mask ties and wanted zig zag, so kept the Brother.

Reba, I'll have to check with the hubby but I think the grandparents farm was more out towards Holland than Grand Rapids proper.

sewbizgirl 06-26-2020 09:59 AM

Thanks for letting us know your got your center today, Maryb119! Hope everyone will have a center to work on soon.

carriem 06-26-2020 11:32 AM

So I got my border added to Mona's center...do I show it now or wait until closer to when it is "due"? I will wait to ship when Bugaroo is ready for it...

Bugaroo 06-26-2020 12:37 PM

MacyBaby, all I can say about your abundance of machines is "bless your heart!"

Travelinggramma, I haven't mailed yet. I was waiting on Amazon to deliver a little lightweight notebook. It came today and I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

You ladies are a hoot with your machines. My husband wrinkled his eyebrow , for a moment, about my new machine. Then I ask how many drills and saws he has. Well, as he is a plumber, he has SO many. He likes my new machine!

sewbizgirl 06-26-2020 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 8396857)
So I got my border added to Mona's center...do I show it now or wait until closer to when it is "due"? I will wait to ship when Bugaroo is ready for it...

Ooh! Show it now!!!

carriem 06-26-2020 02:30 PM

RR Group 1

2 Attachment(s)
Mona G's center and 1st Round added

sewbizgirl 06-26-2020 02:47 PM

Love your addition to Mona's center, Carrie! Great colors and friendship star cornerstones.

givio 06-26-2020 02:47 PM

carriem, I like the stars in the corners-- they look great with the '4 pointed' center. Lovely!

Bug, I often like the Waverly fabric at Walmart. :-)

LAF2019 06-26-2020 03:14 PM

carriem, great printed fabric to complement the autumn feel!