Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

carriem 06-29-2020 02:09 PM

Mona--that is great! Sorry I don't have any ideas for the corners, but either layout will be stunning. Hmmmmm...now I can start thinking on my border for this.....

sewbizgirl 06-29-2020 02:14 PM

Great additions, Mona! I like those panels turned either way. I'd just pick a 6x6" block I liked and make cornerstones. I like the addition of green. It would be great to add another color, like the green. That quilt still has many rounds to go and will need more colors to get there, IMO. That's just what I think...

maryb119 06-29-2020 03:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Group 1 Round 1

Iceblossom......here is your center. I hope you like it. I also put together your label. I had to do some creative trimming and sewing to get it to lay flat. The first time I put it together....it needed a B cup. Lol...I am a retired bridal seamstress and if something pooched like that did, it usually had a cup in it. Anyway, your center is now ready to move on for the next round.

maryb119 06-29-2020 03:47 PM

Mona, Great job on the borders. Perhaps something like a 'spray of rays' like a New York Beauty block would work for the corners.

Mona G 06-29-2020 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119 (Post 8397820)
Mona, Great job on the borders. Perhaps something like a 'spray of rays' like a New York Beauty block would work for the corners.

I've never done one, they scare me. Maybe it's time to bite the bullet.

givio 06-29-2020 04:18 PM

MonaG, That's reeeally cool! What a treat! I'd go with the second, the plus looking layout, with the line in the center like a spiderweb. People use stars a lot in quilts, and the second layout is so unique that it makes it special. No one in the world has ever done that except you, I'll bet! You could put a green blender in the corners. It doesn't have to be a block. The rest is so nice, a sewn block pattern in the corners could take away from it. Try auditioning just a piece of fabric. Maybe a soft floral with multiple colors?

Mary, your choice to set the squares diagonally is a neat contrast to the squares set straight in the center. Nice choice!

travelinggramma 06-29-2020 04:42 PM

Mona - if you google piano key quilt border it has a number of different ideas for corners that could be used with the 2nd one.

Mary - Great finish. I can see this block going on point at sometime.

givio 06-29-2020 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh! I got a sweet surprise in the mail today! It is LeeAnn's center block. :-)

Iceblossom 06-29-2020 05:07 PM

Mona, it depends on what you put in the corners my initial choice is number 2... but it all depends.

Mary, what a nice start to my project. Your darker tones help my ribbons come out and the pink/brown look more different than I was grumbling to myself about.

Thanks for the label as well :)

sewbizgirl 06-29-2020 05:15 PM

Mary, love the border! Love the squares on point, too.

LeeAnn's center is too cute! Glad it finally arrived. Can't wait to see what you do with it, Giv...