Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

Bugaroo 07-08-2020 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today was my first "Old Fashion Star" class with Cindy Willaims (The Math Whisper). Oh my gosh!!! I have taken classes with her before but she just keeps getting better! This is my center medalion - feathered star. Rows are loose. Too tired to finish tonight. The next round is a light gray green with trees and reindeer. My goal is to have Christmas quilts for both extra bedrooms... may not finish the 2nd this year.

maryb119 07-08-2020 03:46 PM

Love it, bugaroo! Feathered star blocks are a challenge and you mastered it!

sewbizgirl 07-08-2020 03:46 PM

That's beautiful, Bug! That kind of star always intimidated me. Perfect for a quilt center!

givio 07-08-2020 04:51 PM

Bug, nice fussy cut center! That's ambitious, two Christmas quilts plus everything else you are sewing/doing. Keep your goal to one, then it will be a pleasant surprise to yourself if you do more.

I'm glad if the album will be useful to you all. :-)

Macybaby 07-09-2020 03:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a sneak peak at Bugaroo's center. And that is not the lighting, I used ombre fabric.

I really like turning on point, but didn't want to actually turn the center so did a mock turning instead.

carriem 07-09-2020 04:01 AM

Bugaroo--I often look at the feathered blocks and admire them...never tried one though.

Wow Macybaby----looking good!!

QuiltnNan 07-09-2020 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bugaroo (Post 8400247)
Today was my first "Old Fashion Star" class with Cindy Willaims (The Math Whisper). Oh my gosh!!! I have taken classes with her before but she just keeps getting better! This is my center medalion - feathered star. Rows are loose. Too tired to finish tonight. The next round is a light gray green with trees and reindeer. My goal is to have Christmas quilts for both extra bedrooms... may not finish the 2nd this year.

great feathered star. is there a particular pattern she is using for her class? could you give us the title? thanks

Bugaroo 07-09-2020 05:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Macybaby, I love it!! I was hoping that someone would add to the center... I just didn't like the square shape I had. Now it looks like a more complicated medallion. And I would never have thought of light blue. That is just one of the things I enjoy with this round robin -- different ideas coming together.

QuiltNan, the name is The Old Fashion Star. Cindy is 71 and her mom is 92 and still quilting!! They both live in Franklin, NC. Her mom sometimes calls during class just to check on how things are going. Below is Cindy's examples of this quilt she designed. She makes a quilt, then makes the pattern, makes another quilt using the pattern, then writes the book! She's published several as well as technique books. I am starting her monthly class, Fab15, next week. In it she teaches one technique each month and gives homework to practice... practice is making another quilt called Evergreen.

sewbizgirl 07-09-2020 05:55 AM

Thanks for the progress pic, Macybaby. It’s looking good!

Bug, it’s amazing how different the quilts look in different colors. I love the black and pink one!

Bugaroo 07-09-2020 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Our homework was to finish the center and add the first border.