Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/3rd-annual-christmas-ornament-swap-t200766.html)

Anastasia 10-06-2012 09:07 AM

Awww so cute! Must.. do.. math.. must .. not.. create... Aaahhh... stupid math always getting in the way of fun.

Anastasia 10-06-2012 11:21 AM

So.. question, you ornament makers... Those of you that have used sequin pins in smooth foam balls.. Did you glue or not glue? if you did not glue, did you find many problems with pins coming out over time? trying to decide if i should start over, use this as a prototype, or not worry about it..

lynnie 10-06-2012 12:48 PM

love that stocking, and everything else so far.

terriquilt1 10-06-2012 01:22 PM

Jaba,
Love the reindeer. I have a small collection of wooden reindeer and he would fit right into my herd! Good job!

marytoddliz 10-06-2012 01:49 PM

Anastasia, don't worry about it GF, if you did not glue and they start to come apart we can glue them back together.

Does anyone remember the little elf that used to sit on a small sampler of Chocolates? I want to find that pattern, but when I google little elf with chocolate, I get everything but that pattern! He is either red or green made with a real doll face.... HELP!

RedGarnet222 10-06-2012 02:12 PM

Mary,
I am not sure but, martha stewart used to have one in her christmas craft section. Maybe it is still there to make?

mdall 10-06-2012 04:54 PM

I thought I was married to Santa with my ex-husband--He only came once a year!!

Pat, oh Pat. That is histerical and it was just what I needed. Yes, the fact is I am married to Santa. But he does do that more than once a year. Obviously, we have five kids. Anyway, thanks for the laugh.

Now for everyone else, did you not understand. They are all mine, mine, mine. Now leave them alone or the rest of you will get coal and sticks. Remember, I am married to Santa and I have the power of persuation.LOL

lauriejo 10-06-2012 05:29 PM

I used glue when I made the ornaments with beads on pins. But I agree with MaryBeth, don't take it apart now if you didn't glue. Just send it to me and I will guard it very carefully. ;)

No MaryBeth I don't remember the chocolate box elf, now you will have to describe him for me okay cuz I am very curious. My parents have two elf ornaments that are made by stringing circles of felt, I love them.

Anastasia 10-06-2012 06:08 PM

hehe ok well I glued the second row and well.. I played with some glitter glue.. it's coming out pretty but hateful.. my poor fingers.

So.. those of you who have made beaded pinned ornamenty things.. how the heck do you protect your fingers?

Anastasia 10-06-2012 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok so I got all impatient to see what the colors on the first ornament would look like so now I'm waiting for gobs of things to dry and so I can't play with it, which is honestly fine cause my fingers are little hamburgers now.. and so I did another ornament.. so yay.. I got ONE finished. Here, lookie.. also.. uhm.. I'm really bad at evenly spacing things. just.. fyi.. hehe
[ATTACH=CONFIG]368126[/ATTACH]