Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Among the Leaves Swap- Please Mail Due by Sept 15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/among-leaves-swap-please-mail-due-sept-15-a-t134663.html)

fromzstore 07-17-2011 03:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
just finished my 2 sets of leaves here is a picture of one from each set

Lv2sew2011 07-17-2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore

They look great!

Linda58 07-17-2011 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by fromzstore

They are great!!

bloomin'Iris 07-17-2011 05:44 PM

okay, I'm going to give this a shot, my first block swap. I've gone through my 'stash' & have no black what so ever. Any ideas of how much I need to pick up?
I'm so nervous & hope I do well for all.

Short an Sweet 07-17-2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
Do you have any idea of how much of each fabric we will need to do all 12 blocks?

I was going to say I didn't have time to figure this out for you...but...then I remember I now have EQ7 :) :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

So IF I figured it out correctly (or if the EQ7 figured it out correctly) - to make 12 - 12 1/2" UNfinished blocks

The Background needs about 1 yard
The leaf needs about 1 3/8 yard.
(the leaf and stem are same fabric in my example)

Good Luck - let us know if that yardage works for you.

Here are the amounts of fabric

bloomin'Iris 07-17-2011 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet

Originally Posted by quiltinghere

Originally Posted by FQ Stash Queen
Do you have any idea of how much of each fabric we will need to do all 12 blocks?

I was going to say I didn't have time to figure this out for you...but...then I remember I now have EQ7 :) :) :thumbup: :thumbup:

So IF I figured it out correctly (or if the EQ7 figured it out correctly) - to make 12 - 12 1/2" UNfinished blocks

The Background needs about 1 yard
The leaf needs about 1 3/8 yard.
(the leaf and stem are same fabric in my example)

Good Luck - let us know if that yardage works for you.

Here are the amounts of fabric

Boop56 07-18-2011 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by bookworm
This should make it a little easier. The stem part you still need to do the way quilter's cache says, couldn't manage to get it to draft right.

How's this one?

This is nice. Makes me feel warm. I am in Florida but I remember the beautiful fall colors of Ohio. Our leaves on certain trees do change colors but not until Janurary or Febuary.

mom-6 07-19-2011 03:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of my scrappy maple leaf block. The colors look kind of washed out in this picture. They are really quite bright.

scrappy fall leaf block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]228733[/ATTACH]

Linda58 07-19-2011 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6
Here's a picture of my scrappy maple leaf block. The colors look kind of washed out in this picture. They are really quite bright.

Pretty!! You did a great job matching color and texture!

mom-6 07-19-2011 05:40 AM

Thanks Linda.
I rearranged the fabrics at least a dozen times before I settled on this configuration.
Would probably still be second guessing my choice but finally just had to start sewing and quit dithering! LOL!