Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Among the Leaves Swap- Please Mail Due by Sept 15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/among-leaves-swap-please-mail-due-sept-15-a-t134663.html)

DannyValentine 07-24-2011 05:37 AM

I'm excited to do this since this is my first swap. This is also a new block for me. I had intended on doing an autumn leaf quilt of my own in a couple of weeks so this will make it go faster. The only real difference in mine is I'm going to take leaves from silk bushes and applique them in the fabric. So with the pieced blocks it'll give it a good dimension.

SandyinZ4 07-29-2011 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by DannyValentine
I'm excited to do this since this is my first swap. This is also a new block for me. I had intended on doing an autumn leaf quilt of my own in a couple of weeks so this will make it go faster. The only real difference in mine is I'm going to take leaves from silk bushes and applique them in the fabric. So with the pieced blocks it'll give it a good dimension.

Wow! I would really love to see pics of this when you are finished. Just wondering how it will do in the washer though? Sounds pretty!

QuilterMomma 07-31-2011 08:19 PM

I have my fabric cut, just waiting for time to do. Will let ya know if I am in on this swap. Just want to be done before sign up.

neayact 08-01-2011 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my 1st mock up for my 1st set
I can't wait to see what colors show up.

Short an Sweet 08-01-2011 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by neayact

beautiful

Wholeheart Mom 08-02-2011 01:10 AM

Absolutely gorgeous! The color pops and the leaf almost glows!

Lv2sew2011 08-02-2011 02:29 AM

Pretty and Bright, great job!

neayact 08-02-2011 03:29 AM

Thanks!
It caught my eye at a local shop and happy everyone likes it

Short an Sweet 08-02-2011 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom

Absolutely gorgeous! The color pops and the leaf almost glows!

It does look like the sun is shining on it lol

Alaska 08-05-2011 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

Originally Posted by Linda58

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
I'm thinking on this one, may be a stupid question but I'm new quilter, my question is, what is 1/4" scant? I know what 1/4" seam allowance is, but I don't know what is a scant? LOL

A scant 1/4" is just slightly less than a 1/4" seam, when sewing a seam.

Thank you for answering my question...

I always wondered about the scant too & read recently where it is 1 thread less than 1/4", this helped me visually understand 1/4" scant.