Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

sewbizgirl 02-17-2017 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew (Post 7766611)
Great block Libster!

Here's a block for Linda. I might make a few more of these. I love how it show's the fabric.

I love it, Muse. Her fabric is so pretty, isn't it?

Today I made it to an estate sale where there were lots of old sewing things. The lady had cornered the market on polyester, but I did manage to find some cool vintage cottons. One I found is a beautiful but very lightweight cotton with magnolias on a lavender background. I think it is a cotton lawn. I'm wondering if I can use it for a boom quilt? What do you all think? Cotton lawn... yes or no?

Kassaundra 02-17-2017 01:44 PM

I am not familiar w/ "cotton lawn"

Kassaundra 02-17-2017 01:58 PM

Just looked it up google says it is a light weight cotton used mostly in blouses and dresses and wears better if lined. The concerns I see w/ using it in a quilt would be how well it would stand to that kind of use, and how well it would "work" up in a block w/ heavier weight cottons. As for what fabrics anyone sends, as far as I am concerned it makes little to no difference to me, I am sending the block back once it is made. If I get an unruly fabric I press and starch it into submission. (but I am not Janice so just mho)

bibliostone 02-17-2017 02:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
While I have access, I will post my recently completed blocks. Hopefully, it is on long enough to post!

For Jclinganrey:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568486[/ATTACH]

For Billi: Indoor vs. outdoor cats:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568487[/ATTACH]

For Sewbizgirl: Hope of Hartford:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568488[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 02-17-2017 02:08 PM

Joan's fabric is on deck now. I was going to put off cutting into it until last but had an idea. I agree w/ the other ladies that one is hard to cut into.

And guess what, in my deep stash diving for solids I took out some striped fabric (as a last resort if I couldn't find solids some of the wider stripes may have worked as solids for the smaller pieces) anyway, I may not be finished w/ stripes! lol

Kassaundra 02-17-2017 02:11 PM

Bstone, those are nice stars. Nice use of the striped fabric, and great fussy placement on the plaid and flowers.

sewbizgirl 02-17-2017 03:19 PM

Bibliostone, I love my block! Love how you made the flowers all come out near the center, like a wreath. The colors are so pretty, too, with that blue background you chose. Thank you!

Your other two are very cool as well... but of course I like mine best. ;)

terriamn 02-17-2017 06:58 PM

Sewbiz were you able to drive home then? If we are talking only a few minutes I'll be fine but much longer then that I just don't know. If they offer a sedative I'll take it even if I have to sit at the hospital all day till they say I can go

terriamn 02-17-2017 07:03 PM

Bstone great blocks

sewbizgirl 02-17-2017 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7766784)
Sewbiz were you able to drive home then? If we are talking only a few minutes I'll be fine but much longer then that I just don't know. If they offer a sedative I'll take it even if I have to sit at the hospital all day till they say I can go

I was hospitalized at that time, so no leaving and no driving. I didn't drive for about a week once I got out! I was well cared for by family.

Do you have someone who can drive you? I was in that machine for about half an hour!