Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

marietta 02-18-2017 09:41 AM

Bibliostone, great blocks, Love Jane's

Kass another wonderful block, I keep changing up my mind for a pattern for that fabric

Jane, Thank you for my block, very pretty. Love the colors you put with it. I am so thankful you ladies can do striped :)
and Muse&Sew's just love it, it really catches the eye.

Kassaundra 02-18-2017 10:05 AM

I kept changing my mind on Joan's fabric too. I had thought of a different pattern or two but nothing really worked w/ the number of full mandala's I had in the print and size and layout. I thought of the one I did end up doing but couldn't make it work w/ all the full sized octagons, and didn't want to lose the big ones I did have by cutting them all to the smaller octagons, so I ended up half big and half small and it worked out mostly. I was worried it might be to white since she specifically mentioned wanting to make a "black" quilt, but I had nothing left to "darken" it with. I was pleased w/ how it turned out, but have to say my favorite that I made this time so far w/ that pattern is the fairy block, that one is still in danger of "falling out of the squishy" lol

Kassaundra 02-18-2017 10:08 AM

My original thought when I first saw her fabric was to layout the print to look like an Indian elephant but when I got the fabric I couldn't figure out how to "make it work" so abandoned that idea.

marietta 02-18-2017 10:50 AM

ohwow An elephant would have been fantastic.

marietta 02-18-2017 10:57 AM

I've been working on a block now for 3 days, the cutting and sewing fine, the getting out the seam ripper took up most of my time. When I finally thought I had it all done ( although it didn't look quiet like I thought it would) took pictures to post, and when I was just about to upload it, I saw why it didn't look right sheesh. So yep yep...have to take it back to the drawing board to rip rip again. :D

Libster 02-18-2017 11:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, Joan, this one is for you. I saw it on Pinterest so I don't really know what the name of it is. I'm calling it Pinwheel Hearts. Hope you like it. That is some seriously beautiful fabric. I hated cutting it up.

marietta 02-18-2017 11:31 AM

Absolutely Gorgeous Libster! all the blocks for that fabric are outstanding.
lol I'm thinking the best thing I could do is just cut a big huge square out of the middle of it..frame it with a tiny border, call it done

Kassaundra 02-18-2017 11:37 AM

Libster that is beautiful!

Libster 02-18-2017 12:04 PM

Thanks, Guys. I wanted to leave that fabric in as large pieces as I could get away with. I thought it should be the star of the block. I think simple with that fabric worked for me. I can't wait to see this quilt when it's put together.

jclinganrey 02-18-2017 12:10 PM

Ibex -

Are our blocks for you supposed to have a fairy theme?