Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

travelinggramma 02-18-2017 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7767365)
travelinggramma = Brandie will love it! It will be one quilt her daughter can't claim. LOL :) B says Princess Pea has quilt hoarders syndrome worse than she does, and that's pretty bad.

Big sigh of relief - glad you like it

Janice McC 02-19-2017 04:37 AM

:shock:We've all been there and it's not a fun place. :D

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7767201)
I've been working on a block now for 3 days, the cutting and sewing fine, the getting out the seam ripper took up most of my time. When I finally thought I had it all done ( although it didn't look quiet like I thought it would) took pictures to post, and when I was just about to upload it, I saw why it didn't look right sheesh. So yep yep...have to take it back to the drawing board to rip rip again. :D

Janice McC 02-19-2017 04:45 AM

Libster, your pinwheel heart block for Joanelizbay is beautiful! I've never seen one like it before. :)

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7767211)
Okay, Joan, this one is for you. I saw it on Pinterest so I don't really know what the name of it is. I'm calling it Pinwheel Hearts. Hope you like it. That is some seriously beautiful fabric. I hated cutting it up.

TG, fun piece for Brandie. And Maija's star is lovely.

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7767341)
Finished All2 pieces yesterday, and then took a picture and realized it needed to be redone!
And I made the lone star for Marija. The color is off in the photo.

Muse, nice block to show off Joanelizbay's fabric. :)

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew (Post 7767354)
Joan here is my block for you.

Janice McC 02-19-2017 04:54 AM

I can imagine myself cutting and recutting this one, jclinganrey. I love the contrast between the fabrics and i just realized it's like seeing Saturn's rings repeated on edge. Nice!

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 7766828)
...and for Muse & Sew:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568499[/ATTACH]

NanaKathy55 02-19-2017 05:55 AM

Good Morning Ladies..gee whiz..miss coming on board for a day or two and what beautiful blocks ya'all have made!!!
Love seeing all this great talent and such different styles off blocks..so that makes me sooo glad I an in this swap with you!!! Thanks for my blocks so far and I love them all. Talk about ripping out blocks..well I am trying to learn to paper piece and yesterday I probably ripped out half the time I was sewing and when I finally thought that I had it done right, when I went to put the block together had to rip out again but I think I finally got at least that block right..I don't know if I will ever be able to get PP right but will try try again..I wish I could figure out how to change up a pattern..I have a 10 inch pattern I would love to make 12 inch..how would I go about doing that?? All sewing I do is self-taught so any help would be greatly appreciated

Libster 02-19-2017 06:49 AM

Could you maybe make it 10 inches and then add a two inch border to it? I don't know what pattern you're using, so I don't know if that would work or not. It is one possibility. Now Kass can probably tell you how to do it mathwise. That just ain't my forte though! LOL

travelinggramma 02-19-2017 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
libster - I was trying to pm you but couldn't get the picture to post! Anyway before I continue, wanted to double check to see if 3D is ok for letters.

travelinggramma 02-19-2017 07:03 AM

NanaKathy, if you have a 10" pp pattern you can enlarge it 120%

Libster 02-19-2017 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7767632)
libster - I was trying to pm you but couldn't get the picture to post! Anyway before I continue, wanted to double check to see if 3D is ok for letters.

That would be great She will LOVE it!

sewbizgirl 02-19-2017 09:31 AM

Kathy, if you show us the 10" pattern we may be able to help you make it 12"... a link is fine.