Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

Kassaundra 02-19-2017 09:49 AM

I agree w/ both Tgma and sewbiz. Tgma's suggestion will work for a PP pattern, but if it isn't PP then a pic will help. I will try and post some pics of a "tutorial" type thing to show a lesser math option for pattern drafting that might help some.

joanelizbay 02-19-2017 01:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Im glad I had tax taken out of SS or I would have had to pay more than I did. im sure we ALL pay more than people in higher tax brackets! I got to finish this block for Terriamn. Had to use my seam ripper a few times on it but its done. Might start on another one or cut out a couple of more.

terriamn 02-19-2017 02:55 PM

Joan thanks great block

sewbizgirl 02-19-2017 03:01 PM

Cute wavy pinwheel, Joan!

I have been so frustrated with my Juki quilter that I finally gave up on it. It's always been tricky to get the stitches balanced, but now it's impossible. I've tried every fix and the only thing I can come up with is that the tensioner was bad from the start and has gotten worse. I moved it out to pack up and send off for repair (or hopefully replacement!) and put my good 'ole Bernina Record 830 from the 1970's in it's place. At least I can get some quilts bound on it, and do all the piecing I want. It makes pretty, evenly balanced stitches. :o

Sewing machines... ARRGH! They are only fabulous when they work.

joanelizbay 02-19-2017 03:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
MJP this is the block I made for you. I LOVE that fabric!

marietta 02-19-2017 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wonderful blocks everyone, All so pretty!
Looks like it was a weekend for wavy blue and seam rippers lol
Here's mine for terri
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568602[/ATTACH]

terriamn 02-19-2017 04:36 PM

Great block Joanliz

Marietta, thanks I love my block

sewbiz hope they can fix your machine quickly. I also still gave my Bernina record 830

sewbizgirl 02-19-2017 04:54 PM

Love your DOD block, Joan!

Marietta, you will think I'm nuts, but your block for Terri reminds me of two kissing fish and two lobsters! The blue, of course, is the water.

marietta 02-19-2017 05:19 PM

Well hmm You know it does Now that you say that LOL
The pattern I picked probably wasn't the best for those two colors, It had 3 or 4 colors in it.
But once I started cutting and laying it out...nothing but to go on :-)
And well, that fabric from the first was water to me, the beach etc....so there ya go

Janice McC 02-19-2017 05:34 PM

Omgosh, I see it too :D

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7767985)
Love your DOD block, Joan!

Marietta, you will think I'm nuts, but your block for Terri reminds me of two kissing fish and two lobsters! The blue, of course, is the water.