Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

mjpEncinitas 02-20-2017 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ibex94 I would like to make a block similar to Kass for you. I even have a fairy to peek out of the flower This would involve raw edge applique. It has held up well on my bed quilt. Let me know if this is ok with you. [ATTACH=CONFIG]568626[/ATTACH]

travelinggramma 02-20-2017 07:22 AM

Love the red/orange/yellow fabric - is it batik?? Great colors

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 7768142)
Thanks for my cute blocks. So many wonderful blocks have been created for tis swap. Here is my block for Kassaundra:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568620[/ATTACH]

mjpEncinitas 02-20-2017 11:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This block is for Marija. Similar to Kass. The colors are not right. I tried adjusting them but no luck. The background is a light aqua-green background and Marija's fabric is off as you can see. With Marija's permission I did some thread painting on the block. It looks much prettier in real life. Marija I'll bring it to class tomorrow and show it to you there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568656[/ATTACH]

mjpEncinitas 02-20-2017 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OOPs forgot to add the leaves. This block is for Marija. Similar to Kass. The colors are not right. I tried adjusting them but no luck. The background is a light aqua-green background and Marija's fabric is off as you can see. With Marija's permission I did some thread painting on the block. It looks much prettier in real life. Marija I'll bring it to class tomorrow and show it to you there.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568657[/ATTACH]

mollymunchkin 02-20-2017 01:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thought I would take a break from sewing and post the weekend's finishes. Francie-Attic Windows, LJDugas-Austin, Kass-Greek Cross in two colors, All2pieces-it was supposed to be a friendship star, but I am calling it friends gone wild. By the time I realized my mistake, I had trimmed it and was afraid if I ripped it up I would make a bigger mess and it doesn't look too bad, so I left it.

travelinggramma 02-20-2017 02:09 PM

Off topic - I had a absolutely first time experience today. I am doing the great happy dance because I went to store today (looking for capris) and notice the swimsuits. Mine are really stretched out and I swim in the ocean in the summer with the grands. Now I am not a good shopper - and I hate taking my clothes off in front of a mirror. Took a dozen or so into room and ......the very first suit fit perfectly. Nothing popping out - nothing showing when I bend over - it is absolutely amazing. Then it was 30% off plus a 20% off coupon. Things could not get better. Just had to share -

jaba 02-20-2017 02:30 PM

That really does qualify as a great shopping day! Did you find some capris too?:) Have to laugh TG, that's my problem too, either the rear-end is hanging out or the boobs....If I was younger I'd rather it be the boobs....now it's hard to keep it all covered and be satisfied....

Janice McC 02-20-2017 02:38 PM

TG, great news! A suit you like and on sale! But OMG, if trying on clothes isn't the thing I dread most in life, it's surely in the top five. Congrats to you!

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7768556)
Off topic - I had a absolutely first time experience today. I am doing the great happy dance because I went to store today (looking for capris) and notice the swimsuits. Mine are really stretched out and I swim in the ocean in the summer with the grands. Now I am not a good shopper - and I hate taking my clothes off in front of a mirror. Took a dozen or so into room and ......the very first suit fit perfectly. Nothing popping out - nothing showing when I bend over - it is absolutely amazing. Then it was 30% off plus a 20% off coupon. Things could not get better. Just had to share -

mollymunchkin 02-20-2017 03:04 PM

I don't mind clothes shopping for me. I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of gal and fortunately my job is conducive to that wardrobe. However, clothes shopping with my teenage boys is another issue altogether. My 17 y/o is 5'9"ish and less than 100 lbs, so you can imagine what a nightmare that is. Too tall for the jr. section, not big enough around for the men's section.

sewbizgirl 02-20-2017 03:24 PM

Mjp, your applique blocks are so cute!

MM, love your newest blocks too. That attic windows looks cool. It's going to be great with all of Francie's other blocks.

TG, I always find bathing suits when I'm not looking for them. Usually off season. Congrats on the find! I teach water exercise in an outdoor pool in the summers, and I have to stay covered during all that activity (I get in the pool with my class). I've taken to wearing swim shorts (made like surfer shorts of old...) and a swim tank. (The top half of a tankini). It works well and I can keep everything in place! But shopping for them... yuck. I hate it too.