Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

marietta 02-23-2017 06:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here's mine for All2Pieces

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568847[/ATTACH]

mjpEncinitas 02-23-2017 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7770259)
Thanks for the compliments, Guys. I feel lost with no more blocks to do. Time to take my own advice I guess and start looking for new blocks for the next Boom. Just keep feeding me pictures of your finished blocks so I won't have withdrawal pangs so badly.

Well if you or anyone else wants to do another dancing skeleton block just let me know by PM.:rolleyes: I have four more that need to be done. I still have 5 or 6 more to do and I'm stuck on the butterflies. Not sure what to do with them.

mjpEncinitas 02-23-2017 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin (Post 7768717)
Marietta, if you're the queen, then I am the princess of ripping. i spent my first two hours ripping and reconfiguring a block. 😳😩

Yep I'm in that club too. Even when I make a practice block I still end up ripping. And those striped fabrics, getting the edges to match.... I started basting, then sewing to make sure everything was good. These ladies who turn out all their beautiful perfect blocks so ... well I'm in awe. I finally retreated to raw edge applique to give myself a break.

mjpEncinitas 02-23-2017 06:56 AM

Nice fussy cutting Marietta. Great Leo block

sewbizgirl 02-23-2017 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7770322)
I started L.Dugas' block a few days ago (had an idea for the stripes and did it before I forgot) so was able to finish it up today after class and the garden. Hope it isn't overly pink for you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]568823[/ATTACH]

Kass, I believe this is your best one yet... It looks like what you see through the eyehole of a kaliedoscope, just about to turn. Turned out super!

sewbizgirl 02-23-2017 07:41 AM

MollyMunchkin, love the HST star block you made for Marietta. It's amazing how many block designs can be made with all HSTs. Love them.

Marietta, great block for A2P! :thumbup:

sewbizgirl 02-23-2017 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 7770656)
Yep I'm in that club too. Even when I make a practice block I still end up ripping. And those striped fabrics, getting the edges to match.... I started basting, then sewing to make sure everything was good. These ladies who turn out all their beautiful perfect blocks so ... well I'm in awe. I finally retreated to raw edge applique to give myself a break.

Well, I have to say your raw edge applique is beautiful. You rock at that!

lynnie 02-23-2017 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7770672)
Kass, I believe this is your best one yet... It looks like what you see through the eyehole of a kaliedoscope, just about to turn. Turned out super!

i love this, I agree, looks like you just turned the kaleidoscope, i had to look twice

terriamn 02-23-2017 09:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Bonus block 1 for Nana Kathy, the reverse colors and same block as first one. Road to Heaven. If it is ok with Nana Kathy I will be using her original block in church when I share my faith journey

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568858[/ATTACH]

And bonus block 2 for Francie, a variation on Fair Play

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568859[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 02-23-2017 10:04 AM

Beautiful, Terri. The road to Heaven is such a pretty block, and I like that purple with the butterflies!