Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

marietta 02-25-2017 11:08 AM

Congrats on the beautiful granddaughter Muse&Sew

travelinggramma 02-25-2017 12:49 PM

there is nothing like a grandbaby - and I love her name! Beautiful - congrats

joanelizbay 02-25-2017 01:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Beautiful baby Muse!! I miss holding a baby.. I finished two more today. Kassaundra and LJDugas...

Kassaundra 02-25-2017 01:51 PM

Joan thanks my block is awesome, that tangerine is eyepopping (in a good way). Your butterfly star is so sweet.

sewbizgirl 02-25-2017 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Muse&Sew (Post 7772320)
Thanks sewbizgirl! Baby Katherine has 4 other siblings,so her hair will probably be honey blonde. :) This make 9 grandkids for me. They keep me hopping.

That's what I was thinking... looks like it will lighten up. 9 grands is AWESOME! I want one! My kids are really making us wait. One has been married 8 years, nearly 9... and the other has been married nearly 2 years. The third is engaged, so it's possible when the grands start coming they may come in batches... (like kittens!)

Kass, congrats on the new grand nephew. That's a funny story... something definitely went into overdrive when she left the dr's office! :D

Joan, love the butterfly star block and also the one for Kass. That orange really makes her block so summery and happy.

terriamn 02-25-2017 02:30 PM

Talk about dh's. I was upstairs in the spare room watching my embroidery stitch all 18, 850 stitches, definitely had glazed eyes and was in my own little world. Hubby was out in the garage brewing beer or so I thought. He stood in the door way and loudly said hi. After peeling myself off the ceiling and giving him the evil eye, he asked why I wasn't down in the dungeon playing with my new machine. He was pretty surprised I was sticking to my plan to finish Kassandra's block first.

mjpEncinitas 02-25-2017 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful grandbaby Muse & sew. I will live vicariously through you.

Ibex here is my fairy square. I'm calling it Tinkerbell on the lotus. I hope you like it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]568971[/ATTACH]I'm really enjoying all the beautiful squares ladies.

mjpEncinitas 02-25-2017 03:42 PM

Libster I would love to do raw edge applique like the blocks I did for Marija, Kass and Ibex. Is that ok?

All2 pieces I have two ideas. One is a modern block. You may get this one is slow. . The second would be a mini crazy quilt. You've given me permission to do embroidery but I thought I'd better check on this.

mjpEncinitas 02-25-2017 03:55 PM

Marija and I got together and shared our squares, with another friend sharing her latest quilt. Marija has made some beautiful traditional squares. I wish I had taken a bunch of pictures and posted them.

She is very astute and pointed out to me that I love to make art quilts and many of my squares are little art quilts. I realized then that my goal of learning to become a better than beginner piecer wasn't the right goal. I'm really enjoying doing the raw edge applique and working with the stripes (well this isn't art quilts). I want to thank everyone for being so supportive in my off beat ideas about what a square should look like.

Libster 02-25-2017 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 7772462)
Libster I would love to do raw edge applique like the blocks I did for Marija, Kass and Ibex. Is that ok?

All2 pieces I have two ideas. One is a modern block. You may get this one is slow. . The second would be a mini crazy quilt. You've given me permission to do embroidery but I thought I'd better check on this.

I would absolutely love it. Please do! This quilt is going to be so special.