Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

sewbizgirl 03-02-2017 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7776071)
Janice found it very interesting they tape a little pad to front of gown with lavender essential oil. Took mine home with me

I think I'd rather have drugs to relax me! :D So glad you have that surgery behind you, Terri. I hope they could get the growth unwrapped from the nerves without hurting them. Never knew that could happen in our fingers.

By the way, been meaning to ask about Baby Liam... how's he doing? I hope by now they are out of the hospital. Hope your BIL is holding his own, too. :o

Muse&Sew 03-02-2017 12:58 PM

Ouch is right Terri. I hope your finger heals quickly. I shattered by pinky a few years back & it was a difficult recovery. Hoping yours will go smoothly.

TG Thanks so much for the fun astronaut's gravity block. It's fun.

Kass lovely block.

All2stitches what a fun kitty string block. Very creative!

Marietta I just love Joan's fabric. You did a great job on her block!

joanelizbay 03-02-2017 01:24 PM

I Love that block Marietta!! All the blocks are coming out so beautiful. I sit and star at ALL of Kass' blocks and wonder how in the world she can get ALL the points to match up like she does...esp with the strip fabric she has. She must have the patience of Jobe. Ive been trying to decide on next booms fabric but way too many "likes" when I look at fabric. SO glad there was no cancer Terri..Purple is my favorite color also. Is that a hard cast or just wrapping? Looks good for several excuses from work :)

travelinggramma 03-02-2017 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last but not least - this heart is for Marietta -

terriamn 03-02-2017 03:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sewbiz I think they should give you drugs b4 the novacaine. Blood pressure was super b4 novacaine 117/80 after novacaine 166/? Also hoping no nerve damage. That is finger that is used on rotary cutter. return in 7 to 10 days and the purple, my favorite color is a soft wrap.

Baby Liam is growing and cute as can be. Brother in law's numbers haven't been so great last few times.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569280[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 03-02-2017 03:47 PM

Well, that's interesting! I'll bet it helped, too. :)

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7776071)
Janice found it very interesting they tape a little pad to front of gown with lavender essential oil. Took mine home with me

Janice McC 03-02-2017 03:49 PM

How nice this block is. Wonderful, TG!

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7776174)
Last but not least - this heart is for Marietta -

Kassaundra 03-02-2017 03:53 PM

This is one amazingly cool block!!!!!! Love the dimesional effect, I have never seen this before, but plan on stealing it to my inspiration file.

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7775931)
Loving all the great blocks!

Here's mine for joanelizbay
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569265[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 03-02-2017 03:55 PM

Liam is beautiful, Terriamn. Just beautiful. Wish I could come up with some soothing words about BILs numbers but all I can come up with that I'll continue to send healing thoughts for the family.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7776190)
Sewbiz I think they should give you drugs b4 the novacaine. Blood pressure was super b4 novacaine 117/80 after novacaine 166/? Also hoping no nerve damage. That is finger that is used on rotary cutter. return in 7 to 10 days and the purple, my favorite color is a soft wrap.

Baby Liam is growing and cute as can be. Brother in law's numbers haven't been so great last few times.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569280[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 03-02-2017 03:57 PM

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!!! But this astronat lost his dogs and cat! lol lol lol

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7775741)
Hmm _ I am thinking those kitties have been have one too many hot toddies! Loving it
Here are my two - finished about 1am when I couldn't sleep.
JC - I was doing the happy dance when I matched up your fabric to my stash. Wanted to really focus all three.
Muse - I had to take apart the first block I had made - the colors were lost and I wasn't happy. So was left with cut up fabric (I know that no one else has had this happen!!) Anyway - I found two astronauts that are hanging out in space somewhere. Kept thinking of Julia Roberts in Gravity.
I have one more to go. Went to Sewing room at park and tried using the space to spread out the last boom blocks and start sewing. I really don't like to use other sewing machines but the white is a heavy one but when I ook out the bobbin the minuscule screw fell out of the case. Will be taking a trip to the sewing repairman to get a replacement.