Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

Kassaundra 03-02-2017 04:07 PM

I am so sorry about your BIL's numbers, hope they start turning for the good soon.

That little Liam is the cutest miracle I've ever seen!

marietta 03-02-2017 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7776174)
Last but not least - this heart is for Marietta -

TG ~ It's perfect, I Love it, and so will she. Thank you so much.

sewbizgirl 03-02-2017 05:09 PM

Thank you for the picture of Liam. What a handsome little fella he is, with all that dark blonde hair! And to think they said he wouldn't make it. God had other plans! I hope he's nursing, his chest is growing, and he's doing all the stuff he needs to be doing.

I hope things start taking a turn for the better for your BIL.

TG, love the heart block for Marietta. Love the name across it too. I'm sure it will be very well received.

marietta 03-02-2017 05:21 PM

terri ~ glad surgery went well, sorry about BIL's numbers, And baby Liam is Adorable!! keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7776207)
This is one amazingly cool block!!!!!! Love the dimesional effect, I have never seen this before, but plan on stealing it to my inspiration file.

Kass, are you sure your talking to me? lol If so, Thank You and everyone else. Of the many many quilts I've made over the years I've only made 3 with actual patterns/quilt blocks. I always sketch them out or just make it up as I go lol.
Making these quilt blocks for the boom has really been new territory for me.
The block for joan, well it didn't end up like the pattern. It sorta took on a life of it's own. Turned out ok tho.

joanelizbay 03-02-2017 05:23 PM

Turned out more than OK..its really pretty!! That is one cute, precious baby!! The family is so blessed to have him doing so well...power of prayer!! I hope your BIL has the same help with prayer!!

Kassaundra 03-02-2017 05:30 PM

Absolutely was talking to you. I LOVE blocks that are dimensional, and you don't often see triangles and dimensions.

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7776274)
terri ~ glad surgery went well, sorry about BIL's numbers, And baby Liam is Adorable!! keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Kass, are you sure your talking to me? lol If so, Thank You and everyone else. Of the many many quilts I've made over the years I've only made 3 with actual patterns/quilt blocks. I always sketch them out or just make it up as I go lol.
Making these quilt blocks for the boom has really been new territory for me.
The block for joan, well it didn't end up like the pattern. It sorta took on a life of it's own. Turned out ok tho.

Kassaundra 03-02-2017 05:32 PM

Have you made the space block yet? This could look really cool w/ the white areas as a space ship grey.

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7775931)
Loving all the great blocks!

Here's mine for joanelizbay
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569265[/ATTACH]

Muse&Sew 03-02-2017 05:33 PM

Prayers for baby Liam. What a beautiful baby & name too.

marietta 03-02-2017 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7776265)
TG, love the heart block for Marietta. Love the name across it too. I'm sure it will be very well received.

It is!! I couldn't help myself, I sent Kelley a picture of it , and all the blocks for her quilt. She loves them all.

marietta 03-02-2017 06:11 PM

Kass ~ yes I've done the space fabric block. But oh cool I see what your saying about spaceship. Hmm and gd Laci did want a space pillowcase...hmmm...
That block for joan, started out as Lovers Knot