Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

Muse&Sew 03-08-2017 07:04 AM

I love how vibrant your spiral spinning star block is! Love it! Thanks so much.

Great blocks Molly & Marietta.

travelinggramma 03-08-2017 08:37 AM

Here's your laugh for the day: A few years ago, I bought a quarter inch foot, put it on my machine, stitched, and it wasn't a quarter inch. I could not figure out what the problem was, so I put it away. Fast forward to Saturday, I posted a picture on the National Quilter's Circle Challenge FB page of my finished Challenge block and how close I was to being finished with it when the bobbin thread ran out. Another quilter suggested I move my needle as my fabric wasn't covering the feed dogs. Face Palm moment....Move the needle....that also solved the quarter inch problem. If I line the needle up with the red line, voila, a neat quarter inch seam. "

Molly - repeat after me "It is not my fault. It is the fault of the machine. It should automatically correct needle position and fabric position. The machine makes the errors, not me"

Libster 03-08-2017 10:29 AM

TG- that's always been my story, and I'm sticking to it! LOL

Janice McC 03-08-2017 11:17 AM

Darling block for Bibliostone.

Originally Posted by marietta (Post 7779869)

Block for bibliostone, best I could do :-) It looks a bit off in the picture to me. If I need to take out the applique at the top and put in one like the other three please let me know, it won't be a problem.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569591[/ATTACH]

This is colorful. Nice! It's going to be a wonderful addition to Muse's quilt. :)

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7779815)
Muse, I finished your block today. A spiral spinning star in space. Hope you like it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]569588[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7779809)
Just a little bit. :D

Thanks, Molly, for providing a little belly laugh. :) I try to think of my face palm moments as "learning experiences ". Of course, it takes a few moments before I can turn one into something positive. I'm too busy shaking my head and thinking OH NO!

Lovely blocks, btw.

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin (Post 7779782)
Here are three more finished. Libster, yours is Aunt Eliza's Star, which is an Ohio Star Variation; Jclinganrey, yours is Calico Puzzle; NanaKathy, yours is Eccentric Star.

Here's your laugh for the day: A few years ago, I bought a quarter inch foot, put it on my machine, stitched, and it wasn't a quarter inch. I could not figure out what the problem was, so I put it away. Fast forward to Saturday, I posted a picture on the National Quilter's Circle Challenge FB page of my finished Challenge block and how close I was to being finished with it when the bobbin thread ran out. Another quilter suggested I move my needle as my fabric wasn't covering the feed dogs. Face Palm moment....Move the needle....that also solved the quarter inch problem. If I line the needle up with the red line, voila, a neat quarter inch seam.

All2Pieces 03-08-2017 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great blocks everyone. Muse, this isn't as colorful as the last, hope it works for you. It seems a little bit out of focus tonight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569626[/ATTACH]

Muse&Sew 03-08-2017 07:21 PM

All2pieces, your block is lovely! It's going to be a fun quilt to put together!

Kassaundra 03-08-2017 07:29 PM

I was looking at the gallery earlier and all the block sets are awesome.

sewbizgirl 03-08-2017 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7780487)
I was looking at the gallery earlier and all the block sets are awesome.

Me too! We are going to have some fun quilts come out of this.

Janice McC 03-09-2017 06:36 AM

Good morning, Boomers! Hope it's the beginning of a beautiful day wherever you are. It's cold here, well, cold for GA but looks like it will warm up nicely into the low 70s.

I believe I'm caught up again in the gallery. (I say that and invariably I find out I've missed one, or three, occasionally more.) In any case, scroll through the gallery and you will have a good idea of how everyone's quilts will shape up. You all have made some impressive blocks and I thank you for all your hard work! Boomers are the BEST. :)

One last thing, I'm going to be busy tomorrow through most of the weekend so I might not have an opportunity to post blocks. I'll do it as soon as I can. I will try to at least read your posts and ooh and ahh if the opportunity presents itself.

Have a wonderful weekend, Boomers!

Muse&Sew 03-09-2017 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my block for
Marija. Hope you like it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]569655[/ATTACH]