Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

marija 03-09-2017 03:29 PM

Can extra blocks be any size? Let me know.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7777971)
I was putting blocks in bags and decided I had extra fabric to make another block for Kassaundra, MJP and Libster. The one for MJP made me think they were in a barn and the people were seen thru the door. It was a FUN fabric to work with!! Now they are all bagged and sealed and ready to mail! :)

sewbizgirl 03-09-2017 04:00 PM

Muse, your block for Marija is so pretty. I love those grayish greens with her print.

Marija, it's best if you stick with the 12.5" size, so the bonus blocks can be used with the other blocks. Of course, they are not a requirement, just something extra out of the goodness of your heart... So, that being said, you can do anything you want for an extra. (Or no extra.) They just will be harder to use with the others if they are a different size.

Janice McC 03-09-2017 04:03 PM

We've always made only 12 1/2 inch unfinished blocks. Should you make a block of another size, I don't know how it would fit into the others. I'd say we should keep to 12 1/2 inches for the purposes of this swap.

Originally Posted by marija (Post 7780957)
Can extra blocks be any size? Let me know.

GramE 03-09-2017 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]569661[/ATTACH]
Got to get out of the house today and the little fabric store 12 miles from my destination had fat quarters for a dollar each! 16 fat quarters for 16 bucks! I loved the browns. Contemplating what color to pair them with. Contemplation can take a while, I think I'll make a spot for them on my fat quarter shelf.

I love love love ❤️ all the blocks. Not sitting idle here, made 1 and 7/8 quilt tops. The 7/8 is waiting for a piece of border fabric to arrive. I have a 13X8" piece left & need at least a quarter of a yd. Don't worry, have not been wasting my time on housework. Trying to convince DH we need outside help & I'm doing my best to keep convincing evidence piling up around him! ;) :shock: :thumbup:

Kassaundra 03-09-2017 05:22 PM

Nice fabric GramE great deal to boot!
I found my next boom fabric. It has a white background and lots of different colored flowers. It is light and happy and airy.

sewbizgirl 03-09-2017 07:32 PM

Great score on the FQs, GramE! What a fun sale. Will you be back next time we BOOM?

Kass, I have my next fabric purchased and waiting, too. :p

Kassaundra 03-09-2017 07:51 PM

I wasn't even looking, this just jumped out at me. It was to good a deal to pass up on, and I really like the print / colors.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7781091)
Great score on the FQs, GramE! What a fun sale. Will you be back next time we BOOM?

Kass, I have my next fabric purchased and waiting, too. :p

terriamn 03-10-2017 05:52 AM

Great fabrics GramE, like Sewwbiz hope this means you will be feeling well enough to participate in the next swap

No new fabric here, de stash is the name of the game and I'm sticking to it. That is until everyone starts showing their pretty fabrics I will probably cave in and run out and buy new. :o

Kassaundra 03-10-2017 06:35 AM

That was my original plan, de stashing, oh well maybe the boom after next I will get around to de stashing! lol

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7781257)
Great fabrics GramE, like Sewwbiz hope this means you will be feeling well enough to participate in the next swap

No new fabric here, de stash is the name of the game and I'm sticking to it. That is until everyone starts showing their pretty fabrics I will probably cave in and run out and buy new. :o

travelinggramma 03-10-2017 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7781257)

Most of the fabrics I sent this time were from my stash. I have been cleaning out and organizing (yet again) my fabric and found a few oddball pieces that I just may send out.....But I won't be getting anything new for the swap. Now that doesn't mean I won't get fabric to match for you!!