Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

Kassaundra 03-17-2017 03:50 PM

Chicks and affordable fabric, bestill my heart!!!!

Marietta, I got the fabric today, thanks

joanelizbay 03-17-2017 05:10 PM

I order a LOT from Marshalls...It would take me more than a day and a LOT of money if I went there. I always love their fabric. Do they have bolts to cut from as well as flat folds?? Lucky woman you are!!

All2Pieces 03-17-2017 05:38 PM

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone! :wave:

Chicks and fabric galore. What fun!
Jaba, I think it was you who asked what pattern I used last. It's a variation of "All Hallows Variation" from Quilters cache. I used solid corner triangles instead of the pieced ones in the pattern.

Kassaundra 03-17-2017 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Libster here is your block, thanks to Marietta's contribution.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]570004[/ATTACH]
I think that is it for me, I will double check if I have enough of anyone's fabric to make any bonus blocks, but I am nearly positive I don't.

GramE 03-17-2017 06:31 PM

Beautiful block!

sewbizgirl 03-17-2017 08:36 PM

Kass, that is a beautiful block...

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7786145)
I order a LOT from Marshalls...It would take me more than a day and a LOT of money if I went there. I always love their fabric. Do they have bolts to cut from as well as flat folds?? Lucky woman you are!!

Joan, yes they have tons of bolts to cut from, and they also will cut the flat folds if it's a big piece and you don't want it all. They also have wider cotton and very wide backing fabrics, minkee, fleece, flannel, and all kinds of other things. I brought home two bags of fabric and a huge roll of poly batting that I use for my nice fluffy donation quilts. I got some great pieces off the 'dollar-a-yard' table too. That's for anything they find a flaw in-- it gets tossed on the dollar table.

All in all I was very restrained. Only bought about a quarter as much as I normally do. Go, me. :thumbup:

Libster 03-18-2017 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7786177)
Libster here is your block, thanks to Marietta's contribution.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]570004[/ATTACH]
I think that is it for me, I will double check if I have enough of anyone's fabric to make any bonus blocks, but I am nearly positive I don't.

Kass, my block is fabulous! Wow! I love it. The 3D effect is even better than I imagined. I love your creative blocks. Thank you.

marietta 03-18-2017 04:52 AM

Fantastic block Kass!

terriamn 03-18-2017 05:33 AM

Kas cute chicks 🐥 and sounds like you enjoyed your quilt shop adventure

Bonnie that is an incredible amount of fabric

Ibex thanks for the bobbin, great one for Nat'l quilting day

GramE your walkhanging is so pretty and springy

Hope to finish the donation table runner a friend asked me to make piecing went well just need to add last border, quilt and bind it. Not sure if the finger is up hand binding yet. I am going to all the gal when it's finished and I think it should be her responsibility to either pick it up or pay postage Do you think that is asking to much?

All2Pieces 03-18-2017 07:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
mollymunchkin - here are 2 blocks for you. The first one has both your fabrics. You'll see how much I had left over of the stripe. The plain blue and wow block reminds me of a dragonfly.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]570022[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]570023[/ATTACH]