Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

joanelizbay 03-23-2017 06:21 AM

Love it!! Thank you

Muse&Sew 03-23-2017 06:53 AM

Seasaw sending prayers your way. Wish you the best.

Great blocks JC!

terriamn 03-23-2017 10:10 AM

Boy I must be coming down with a strange disease. Started and completed fall table runner for silent auction, made 3 blocks for runner for another silent auction, just waiting on the lattice fabric to dry and quilted Liam's quilt on the new sweet 16 and the machine ran like a charm. Next week is a 4 day retreat need to get all my stuff ready for that but I think I have a plan on that. Scaring myself

sewbizgirl 03-23-2017 01:05 PM

Oh Terri, you've been terrifyingly efficient! I hope Liam likes his new quilt.

I've been plugging away on the latest Mystery Train blocks. They are the same size as our Boom blocks, so I feel like I've just made 12 Boom blocks! Glad I'm done with them. They are so pretty.

Janice McC 03-24-2017 03:23 AM

Send some of that "strange disease" my way, would you? My quilting mojo is waning :(

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7789895)
Boy I must be coming down with a strange disease. Started and completed fall table runner for silent auction, made 3 blocks for runner for another silent auction, just waiting on the lattice fabric to dry and quilted Liam's quilt on the new sweet 16 and the machine ran like a charm. Next week is a 4 day retreat need to get all my stuff ready for that but I think I have a plan on that. Scaring myself

sewbizgirl 03-24-2017 05:14 AM

I made 5 more blocks to finish out the count I needed for my March boom quilt. Now I can start QAYG on it, while waiting for this swap to finish up.

terriamn 03-24-2017 06:36 AM

Has anyone tried the elmers glue basting? Just did it on my next table runner which is quite large for a table runner 18x 40. Still has to dry all the way. Anxious to see how it quilts up. Then to make a small Tablerunner for the camper, after that will attempt to QUAG one of my booms

Kassaundra 03-24-2017 06:47 AM

I use elmer's stick glue for all kinds of "basting" or temporary holding. I don't know if I could even sew anymore w/o elmer's stick glue, don't know how I managed before learning about it!!!!!

Janice McC 03-24-2017 07:28 AM

Pix please when you get to a good point. I need to jump start my mojo and you ladies seem to have lots to spare!!!

Edited to add: Oops! Sewbizgirl, I found your blocks over on March. Beautiful blocks! Your quilt will be wonderful :)

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7790404)
I made 5 more blocks to finish out the count I needed for my March boom quilt. Now I can start QAYG on it, while waiting for this swap to finish up.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7790486)
Has anyone tried the elmers glue basting? Just did it on my next table runner which is quite large for a table runner 18x 40. Still has to dry all the way. Anxious to see how it quilts up. Then to make a small Tablerunner for the camper, after that will attempt to QUAG one of my booms

travelinggramma 03-24-2017 12:15 PM

Hello from Florida. We have had a rare caterpillar invasion here. I won't post pictures - they are very large and hairy and everywhere. We haven't been able to sit outside for over a week. UGH - Finally found something that works but can't spray it on everything, but better. Thus I have been indoors. Finished the Hawaiian Baby quilt, and Boom 16 Quilt. Need to de-thread them but can't do it outside!! pictures to follow. Working on Boom 17. Doing it QAYG with rows and working well even with my miscalculations. I want to complete before the 1st as that is when we start to head north.