Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

sewbizgirl 03-24-2017 02:05 PM

TG, all the warm weather this winter in the South... lots of bugs! I was walking outside with my dog this afternoon and tons of teeny tiny gnats were getting in my eyes! I think we stirred them up by playing frisbee on the grass. It's too early in the season for this!

PLEASE show us your Hawaiian baby quilt. I love Hawaiian quilting! I'm working on one right now too... slow going because I'm hand quilting it, but I'm almost done, finally. I'm really enjoying the hand quilting, without a hoop.

Show your Boom 16 quilt too, please. :cool:

terriamn 03-24-2017 03:32 PM

I was thinking of trying my QAUG by the row also. Do you recommend it over doing it by the block

mollymunchkin 03-24-2017 03:38 PM

Jane, thank you for the pretty block. I love what y'all have done with them. Now to figure out what I am going to do with them.

sewbizgirl 03-24-2017 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7790838)
I was thinking of trying my QAUG by the row also. Do you recommend it over doing it by the block

If you are comfortable quilting one whole row in one piece, then go for it! It will certainly work and you'll have less of the joining to do.

You can QAYG so many different ways! :o

travelinggramma 03-25-2017 04:20 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Boom 16 done - except cleaning up the strings!!

travelinggramma 03-25-2017 04:24 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My daughters BFF is having her third son within 4 years! They moved to Hawaii so had to make this for baby. I was shocked to find all the different fabric in my stash!!
on my bucket list is to make a real Hawaiian block with the turned edges and all - but it will stay on the list for awhile!

travelinggramma 03-25-2017 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7790838)

try either one - and see what works for you. For me it is easier to do the entire row, but then I don't like the quilting stage so kinda rush through it - being honest!!

Kassaundra 03-25-2017 05:00 AM

TGma, love both of your quilts front and back! I was my drunk Dresden block in the boom quilt. The quilting is my least favorite part too, mostly just do "utilitarian" quilting.

terriamn 03-25-2017 05:25 AM

TG great finish on your boom and the Hawaiian quilt is adorable.

i am the meandering queen but am having fun branching out with rulers. Think all the joining of individual blocks on QAUG would push my patience

sewbizgirl 03-25-2017 08:16 AM

Thanks for the pictures, TG! Love the way you set the Boom quilt. That had to be hard... The Hawaiian baby quilt is so pretty. I also had 3 babies within 4 years, so I know how busy this mom is going to be. I was always counting heads...