Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

ibex94 04-19-2017 04:07 AM

Saw my tracking number notice just now. I'm so excited!! I've been a fabric shopping fool for the last couple of days. I'll be working every day through next Wednesday so had to do my shopping now. When I stress out, I buy fabric.

As I get older and older I realize that most families have some horrible issue that cannot be resolved quickly or easily. If I watch the news too much I get horribly depressed because there are so many bad things going on out there. Thanks to love from family and friends, I survive and can be productive most of the time. I suspect we are all like that. The key is love. Give it freely and with joy as long as you can. And drink lots of water. Hugs to all of you.

terriamn 04-19-2017 04:15 AM

Joan, that must have been very hard on your son making that decision but he thought it out and made his choice. He didn't run away from it.

sewbizgirl 04-19-2017 05:03 AM

Family issues! They can be so complicated. So hard on children when their parents aren't present in their lives. Children always think it's their fault....

I got my shipping notice! Thank you, Janice. I'm off to Memphis this afternoon, and then on to Paducah tomorrow, but will look for my package when I get home. :o

Muse&Sew 04-19-2017 05:52 AM

Thanks Janice for hosting this wonderful Boom which allows us so many wonderful opportunities of creativity, inspiration, friendship, knowledge, discovering, learning and beauty. I received my USPS tracking. Janice you are so thoughtful and talented in running this Boom. THANKS!

Isn't it wonderful to be able to create some beauty in this world filled with so many challenges. Wish you the best with the difficulties we all face.

joanelizbay 04-19-2017 07:04 AM

Got my tracking number...that sure cheered me up!! :) I'm glad I get to see so much of the 4 grandkids here in town. Wish I could see the older 2 girls more than I do but they are in Illinois, at least they are close to each other. My youngest sure can make me laugh and feel loved...I think that is the key! Thank you ALL for understanding and making me know I'm not alone with family concerns!! Come on package!! LOL

mjpEncinitas 04-19-2017 07:08 AM

Your families are very lucky to have you ladies.

Received my my tracking number. I look forward to getting the squares. DH and I are van camping for three weeks in May. I'm taking your squares and the big squares I made to go with them and adding embellishments to them. Will finish the quilts up before the next boom. My original design won't work as it was 9'x9' and we didn't have a place to hang it. I'm turning these squares into two or three sister quilts.

Once again thank you o everyone for the encouragement during the boom. Janice you are a wonderfully organized, kind person. It's been a real pleasure ladies.

Janice McC 04-19-2017 10:22 AM

Your blocks are in the care of USPS now. :) :) :)

And for everyone having a difficult time right now, and that's a bunch of us, stay strong for yourselves, your loved ones and your communities.

ibex94 04-19-2017 02:36 PM

So I got home from work today and saw a USPS parcel outside the door and got really excited! It wasn't for me :-(. I will just have to be patient, I guess.

Janice McC 04-19-2017 03:19 PM

USPS is pretty fast but not quite that fast! Don't worry, it'll be there soon. ;)

Originally Posted by ibex94 (Post 7807348)
So I got home from work today and saw a USPS parcel outside the door and got really excited! It wasn't for me :-(. I will just have to be patient, I guess.

mollymunchkin 04-19-2017 07:55 PM

Got my tracking # today. Thanks, Janice.