Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

terriamn 04-23-2017 05:50 PM

Kass your blocks look great. I'm going to add some of my blocks to the back also. Literally lined up the blocks as they came out of the bag

How do you protect the nakeds from getting sunburnt

Kassaundra 04-23-2017 05:58 PM

They have shade, they have never gotten sun burned.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7810276)
Kass your blocks look great. I'm going to add some of my blocks to the back also. Literally lined up the blocks as they came out of the bag

How do you protect the nakeds from getting sunburnt

mollymunchkin 04-23-2017 06:29 PM

Received my blocks. They are all beautiful. Thank you so much.

marietta 04-24-2017 07:40 AM

Thank you ladies for all the kind words they were very much appreciated.
Received my wonderful blocks, Love them all and like everyone said the pics really do not do them justice.
Thank You all, Not just for the blocks but helping out a newbie, being so kind with your advice and generous with sharing your lives.

Yeah for Liam!!

hugs to NanaKathy

and no Kass, Himself does not look impressed :D

GramE 04-24-2017 09:10 AM

WOW WOW WOW! Some pretty awesome blocks, dear friends. Hoping to get to come the team time you have a play date! I think I'm going to go open my squishy with the orange blocks in it. Need to work on a center medallion square and I put the back in the bag after I ogled them for a few days. ❤️❤️

Janice McC 04-24-2017 09:40 AM

Good afternoon, Boomers! Looks like almost everyone has their blocks now. Yay! The pix are wonderful. Thank you. Does my hostess heart good to see them. I can't wait to see the first completed quilt from them!!! Who will finish their blocks first??? And if you post pix here, I'll add them to the gallery with the other completed quilts.

I enjoyed my weekend off and had, for me, a highly productive quilting weekend. I finished a mini-quilt and am almost done quilting some old BOM blocks. I'm going to use sewbizgirl's QAYG tut to finish a quilt. I believe Libster used it for one of her recent finishes. If it works like I expect it will, my own Boom blocks may finally get to become real quilts! And I can add something to the completed gallery.

Have a wonderful week everyone. I'll be around if anyone has any comments or questions. I'll check in periodically but please feel free to post until the next Boom starts in a couple of months.

Hugs to all of you fabulous Boomers. Great job, everyone!

sewbizgirl 04-24-2017 02:28 PM

I'm home and finally have gotten my hands on my blocks! They are so awesome in person! Each bag was like a present to open... so much fun! There are all kinds of special details on them that I missed in the photos. I'm going to make a few more and then make them into two very special donation quilts. They will be beautiful and make the recipients feel very special and loved. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

I have my March boom blocks put together in rows, QAYG method, and only need to join the rows and bind it. It's a smashing quilt that my son in law will love! You'll be seeing that one before the April ones...

Kassaundra 04-24-2017 06:01 PM

I think I am going to put this one together before the last boom. My En Provence is red/black/teal, and so is my last boom so I'm thinking a color change is in order first. But I really need to finish En Provence first.

sewbizgirl 04-24-2017 07:33 PM

I've go an Allietare still hanging around unfinished. In fact, it's hogging the design wall. I need to clone myself. Seriously.

Janice McC 04-25-2017 04:58 AM

If you figure out the cloning thing, let us know. We'll need a tut for that. If it's as good as your QAYG Tut, you'll have a lot of very happy boomers around here. :)

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7811047)
I've go an Allietare still hanging around unfinished. In fact, it's hogging the design wall. I need to clone myself. Seriously.