Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

sewbizgirl 05-01-2017 12:35 PM

That's a great looking score, Terri! I love good fabric sales.

One of the quilting podcasts I listened to driving to KY said the we are NOT hoarders, we are fabric collectors. We are selective in what we choose to bring home. Hoarders are not. Works for me! :p

Marietta, I'm so sorry about your doggie. Choosing to end a beloved pet's life is one of the hardest things to do. Big HUGS to you.

terriamn 05-01-2017 01:49 PM

That is great SewBiz as I rarely buy something I don't like because it's a good price unless I'm looking for backs

Several of the fabrics could end up in booms Need to find the right pattern for the packaged 5 yard bundle of the purple Asian fabric's

joanelizbay 05-01-2017 02:54 PM

I love that packaged bundle of purple!! Ive been thinking I need to do a purple based quilt soon. Nice haul!!

sewbizgirl 05-01-2017 04:29 PM

I love the Asian bundle too, but it was the purple roses just behind it that caught my eye! :cool:

terriamn 05-01-2017 07:36 PM

I need a good pattern for a quilt that needs 5 1 yard cuts for the packet of Asian fabrics. The purple doses just might end up in a boom. So many options with it. Could make it purple and orange, purple and lavender, purple and green. Oh so many choices

sewbizgirl 05-01-2017 09:59 PM

Terri, there are books for 5 fabrics, called "Take 5"... I just bought one in Paducah. They have patterns for 5 fabrics, usually 4 colors and a neutral or light. Maybe you can see some online. The book I got is called More Take 5 Quilts... I have no idea how many there actually are. My favorite one in the book is simply a Jacob's ladder, but each block has just one of the 4 colors plus the neutral. I love how it looks.

sewbizgirl 05-01-2017 10:01 PM

I got my second lap quilt nearly done today. The quilts are beautiful, thanks to y'all's beautiful blocks! I only need to sew down the binding (by machine) and I'll show it. Tomorrow.

Janice McC 05-02-2017 04:26 AM

I'm getting around to the QB feedback. I'm only about a third done so bear with me. And Kass, I just gave you a second positive one. Ugg. Must slow down and pay more attention!

sewbizgirl 05-02-2017 05:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my second quilt from the April blocks... Chocolate covered strawberries.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572453[/ATTACH]

Looks quite a bit different from the first one, Strawberry Lemonaid:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572454[/ATTACH]

Thank you Boomers! Because of your fine work, TWO organ transplant patients will be loved and encouraged with these beautiful quilts.

terriamn 05-02-2017 05:30 PM

Great quilts, they are going to make a couple transplant patients very happy