Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

joanelizbay 05-02-2017 05:36 PM

They turned out very pretty!! Nothing feels better than being able to give a quilt to someone in need or for comfort!! Great job!

Kassaundra 05-02-2017 05:50 PM

Awesome job sewbiz, they turned out great.

ibex94 05-02-2017 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7816252)
Here is my second quilt from the April blocks... Chocolate covered strawberries.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572453[/ATTACH]

Looks quite a bit different from the first one, Strawberry Lemonaid:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572454[/ATTACH]

Thank you Boomers! Because of your fine work, TWO organ transplant patients will be loved and encouraged with these beautiful quilts.

Lovely quilts! What a fast quilter you are! The blocks look great together. I like your names, too.

ibex94 05-02-2017 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7815116)
I'm home so here you go. The Cyrano the Cat claimed the quilt before it was bound.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]572373[/ATTACH]
I used two different blues for the sashing since I didn't have enough of either one alone. I won't do that on future pieces. Also bound it by machine and it's a bit rough. These blocks are some of my very first ones from the early 2000's. DON'T look too closely at the points. LOL.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]572370[/ATTACH]

This was an extraordinarily easy technique, at least for me. I find quilting a larger piece next to impossible on my domestic. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this.

Gorgeous quilt! Quilt as You Go is getting some quilts off the UFO list.

ibex94 05-02-2017 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7814693)
Thanks you guys, I really love how this one has turned out too and I love the simplicity and calmness of the back.

Wow! Stunning quilt. The calmness of the back is to calm you after the energizing front. Such talented folks in this BOOM!

sewbizgirl 05-02-2017 08:30 PM

Thanks, Boomers... When I took the quilts to our meeting tonight to donate them, all the ladies wanted to know what block Kass's was! I told them she was a genius with stripes and most likely made the block up out of her own head. No one had ever seen anything like it. :cool:

Muse&Sew 05-02-2017 08:46 PM

Sewbiz, fantastic beautiful quilts! You've got the QAYG really fast. I love the Strawberry Lemonade the best.

Janice your quilt is lovely. I really like the colors in your fabric, but your cat is great! I think the cat claimed the quilt. :)

Marietta, wish you the best with the loss of Suzy. It's hard to lose an animal. Hugs!

travelinggramma 05-03-2017 10:24 AM

I got to play - well, take out and iron the blocks and look at them. Absolutely beautiful. I need to complete the medallion and make a couple more blocks. Thank you one and all.'

Sewbiz - your quilting really makes the design pop - great job.

sewbizgirl 05-03-2017 12:50 PM

Thank you! Can't wait to show you all the stormtrooper quilt from the March group. That's just one big quilt.

So... I bought a new (to me) Rav4 about 6 months ago. Got a good deal so I overlooked the dark blue color I didn't really love, and also the cloth seats I really didn't want. Add to that a musty mildew smell that comes out when you first start up the air, sometimes. I even took it back to the dealer to have the system flushed to get rid of the smell... and it didn't. So the car is fine, just not everything I would have liked it to be.

Today my son texted me a bunch of pictures from the dealership where I bought my car. He works there. Someone brought in my DREAM RAV when it's lease was up. It's a year younger, the top of the line model, fully loaded, and has 12,000 less miles on it than mine. PLUS-- light colored leather seats and my favorite paint that they made for that model, Blizzard Pearl! It's a Lexus paint. So out of the blue, it looks like I'm going to be trading in my car after only 6 months. So excited.

jaba 05-03-2017 06:03 PM

sewbizgirl, I'd do the same thing! If you don't like what you bought get rid of it and buy something else. We all have had a little "lack of judgement" at times and sometimes it costs us a little but in the long run you will probably be more happy and satisfied!! Take a pic of your DREAM RAV and share with us.....