Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

terriamn 05-03-2017 06:34 PM

Sewbiz, yeah on the new car. Sounds like a win win

sewbizgirl 05-03-2017 07:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's the new car. This is it as it came in to the dealership, not yet cleaned and detailed, even.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572494[/ATTACH]
Not washed yet but I hope you can see the pretty metalic white paint. I love it! It sparkles.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572495[/ATTACH]
Built in navigation.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572496[/ATTACH]
Heated leather seats... squeee!

I've never had a car this nice, ever in my life! :D

Libster 05-04-2017 03:05 AM

"Heated leather seats... squeee!"

LOL...I call these "butt warmers". They sure are nice in cold weather.

I have 3 rows of my first Boom 18 quilt done so far. Sara laid out her blocks like she wanted them arranged. She had a fit over the block with her name. I'm doing an olive green sashing on the front and a mint green TOT flannel sashing and backing. The remaining blocks will be for her daughter. They will have brown TOT sashing with cream TOT flannel backing and sashing. Pictures when they're finished.

Kassaundra 05-04-2017 03:55 AM

Congrats on the new car sewbiz, and I'd be "sqeeeing" over heated seats too.

Those named blocks are always a hit, especially w/ the kids.

terriamn 05-04-2017 04:40 AM

Nothing better then living in Minnesota and you go out to your car when it's below freezing and you turn on your heated seats. It's wonderful. Mine will turn on when I use the self starter if it's below a certain temp, again perfect for our weather

Janice McC 05-04-2017 06:16 AM

Good morning, Boomers. I've added Sewbizgirl's two finishes to the Completed Quilts page of the gallery. If anyone has any other finishes I haven't put in there, please EMAIL me. You can certainly post them here but I'll see them sooner in my email.

Terriamn, lovely fabrics! I hope you find a pattern you love soon.

Sewbiz, gorgeous quilts. Your second one is as pretty as the first. Nice car, too! :)

Thanks for all the nice comments on my cat quilt. I've pulled out the next project and I'm working on a few extra blocks for it. I made one last night that just doesn't work so it's back to the drawing board for that one. (The green I chose was a bad choice but I didn't really see it until this morning in the daylight. Oh, well.)

Feedback has been posted for everyone. Thank you all again for your participation in Boom 18. I hope to see more finished quilts here soon!

marietta 05-04-2017 06:21 AM

Janice love the colors in your quilt, really nice.

terriamn great fabrics can't wait to see what you do with them.

lovely quilts sewbizgirl and what a sweet ride, enjoy!

sewbizgirl 05-04-2017 06:41 AM

Thanks for putting my quilts in the gallery, Janice. I hope you put your kitty quilt there too. It's so pretty. Thanks for the feedback, too.

Libster can't wait to see your quilts!

marija 05-04-2017 10:33 AM

Thanks for the feedback Janice. Great looking quilts Boomers and thanks so much for the feedback on my blocks. Not sure how to post to the i trader. I do plan on joining again. Not sure what I'll make with my blocks yet, maybe a quilt or two.

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7817134)
Good morning, Boomers. I've added Sewbizgirl's two finishes to the Completed Quilts page of the gallery. If anyone has any other finishes I haven't put in there, please EMAIL me. You can certainly post them here but I'll see them sooner in my email.

Terriamn, lovely fabrics! I hope you find a pattern you love soon.

Sewbiz, gorgeous quilts. Your second one is as pretty as the first. Nice car, too! :)

Thanks for all the nice comments on my cat quilt. I've pulled out the next project and I'm working on a few extra blocks for it. I made one last night that just doesn't work so it's back to the drawing board for that one. (The green I chose was a bad choice but I didn't really see it until this morning in the daylight. Oh, well.)

Feedback has been posted for everyone. Thank you all again for your participation in Boom 18. I hope to see more finished quilts here soon!

Kassaundra 05-04-2017 04:11 PM

I found and tried a new wine, chocolate raspberry w/ a cream base. It is amazingly good. Anyway the two lb sugar fiend was having a fit trying to get some of my wine, so I gave him a little bit to prove to him he didn't want what I have ......................... well guess the joke is on me b/c he liked it.