Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

sewbizgirl 05-05-2017 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by lovngrandma (Post 7818198)
if thers a new boom going on, id love to be in it,

The Boom swaps have just finished up. We are taking a break for a couple of months so everyone can get caught up on their quilting! :)

Edited to add: Oops. I read your feedback from other swaps. Lots of problems there. :hunf:

terriamn 05-09-2017 06:29 PM

OH gosh I way overdid today, tried to quilt 3 quilts, almost finished third and my arms and neck just couldn't do it. Talk about dumb

sewbizgirl 05-09-2017 07:10 PM

Can we see your work, Terri? :shock:

jaba 05-09-2017 07:19 PM

:):) Have to agree with you Terriamn :) I load 1 quilt on the frame and quilt it, take it off and cut off the extra, make sure it's square and that's it for the day. Next day is doing the binding and getting it sewn on and ready for the hand stuff. You have way more energy and stamina than I do, that's for sure.

Janice McC 05-10-2017 05:33 AM

Gee, Terriamn, that's both wonderful and awful! Great that you did so much but, ouch! Try not to overdo. And I'm happy if I get a single block made or quilted in a day. You put me to shame. Any pix???

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7821126)
OH gosh I way overdid today, tried to quilt 3 quilts, almost finished third and my arms and neck just couldn't do it. Talk about dumb

Janice McC 05-10-2017 05:34 AM

This sounds like a sensible approach. Guess you learned the hard way?

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7821151)
:):) Have to agree with you Terriamn :) I load 1 quilt on the frame and quilt it, take it off and cut off the extra, make sure it's square and that's it for the day. Next day is doing the binding and getting it sewn on and ready for the hand stuff. You have way more energy and stamina than I do, that's for sure.

terriamn 05-10-2017 05:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is one I took pictures of, this is one of 6 tops sent to me to be quilted for charity. I was daring and dd looops and stars.. Other two are just meandering.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572856[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572857[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 05-10-2017 06:03 AM

Wonderful quilting! Love the stars. :)

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7821349)
Here is one I took pictures of, this is one of 6 tops sent to me to be quilted for charity. I was daring and dd looops and stars.. Other two are just meandering.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572856[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]572857[/ATTACH]

terriamn 05-10-2017 07:22 AM

Janice I thought I could make the stars in which ever corner I landed in huh, unless I was in the bottom left or right corner the stars were barely recognizable. Hoping to make tear drops on one of my next ones

Janice McC 05-10-2017 07:35 AM

I think they're terrific! They're all a bit different and it adds to the fun of it. The stars and those colors work great together. It's a winner. :)

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7821402)
Janice I thought I could make the stars in which ever corner I landed in huh, unless I was in the bottom left o corner the stars were barely recognizable. Hoping to make tear drops on one of my next ones