Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

sewbizgirl 05-25-2017 04:54 PM

I love the pink baby quilt with the animals, Joan! Hey, another benefit of water exercise is that it improves your balance-- in a safe setting. Just saying. (Go get in that pool with your sister!) I'll be starting my water class back up one week after Labor Day.

Forgot to say how cool QM's quilt is. Love how she alternated chain blocks with the booms.

Janice McC 05-25-2017 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I spent a good portion of today on my little quilt. All the blocks are quilted and I've put two rows together with 3 inch sashing. The plan is to top stitch the sashing but I haven't decided on a pattern. It'd be easiest to make a few parallel stitching lines but I think I want something a little more decorative. I'll decide later. Anyway, here they are so far.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573632[/ATTACH]On my phone, the picture is turned 90 degrees. The quilt is three across, four rows down. Thanks for looking!

No more work until after the holiday. I'll catch up on your posts tomorrow.

sewbizgirl 05-25-2017 06:28 PM

Soooo pretty, Janice. I love your blue on white floral!

joanelizbay 05-25-2017 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I REALLY like that green with the blue Janice. Finished putting the binding on my "wine" panel quilts.No idea where Im gonna put it but it was a fun one to make.

GramE 05-25-2017 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7830584)
Opps sorry for the huge picture, don't know how that happened

Huge flowers need huge pictures! Beautiful cushions!

GramE 05-25-2017 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7831345)
I spent a good portion of today on my little quilt. All the blocks are quilted and I've put two rows together with 3 inch sashing. The plan is to top stitch the sashing but I haven't decided on a pattern. It'd be easiest to make a few parallel stitching lines but I think I want something a little more decorative. I'll decide later. Anyway, here they are so far.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573632[/ATTACH]On my phone, the picture is turned 90 degrees. The quilt is three across, four rows down. Thanks for looking!

No more work until after the holiday. I'll catch up on your posts tomorrow.

Beautiful! Love the blocks! And the quilting unique to each block!

sewbizgirl 05-25-2017 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7831372)
I REALLY like that green with the blue Janice. Finished putting the binding on my "wine" panel quilts.No idea where Im gonna put it but it was a fun one to make.

I love this, Joan! What a fun, colorful sashing! Do you mind if I pin it, for future reference? So cute.

joanelizbay 05-26-2017 04:24 AM

Thanks sew...pin away! :) Im sure my DIL will take it for her best friend. Glad its a 3 day weekend but maybe storms here in Missouri. The Peddlers Jambore is scheduled for the Katy trail and they camp overnight about a mile from my house as the crow flys at the Old Kemper Military School. I get to listen to good music from the comfort of my porch!

terriamn 05-26-2017 03:35 PM

Janice your quilt is going to be radiant. Love the colors

Joan live both of your quilts, both are very fun

SewBiz the battings I have are packaged all different sizes

Kassaundra 05-26-2017 03:42 PM

Janice, I know you were iffy about that green, but it really does work very well w/ the blocks.