Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

Janice McC 05-26-2017 04:31 PM

Thanks, kassaundra. When I add in the other blocks that have green, it'll look even better I think. I'm enjoying this process a lot. Even though I work slowly and cannot seem to devote much time to it, it's turning out pretty well. And I'm keeping notes about what I'm learning and what I like/dislike and ideas for the next one. My goodness, already looking ahead to finishing another project instead of creating UFOs. :). I must be growing up! :)

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7831835)
Janice, I know you were iffy about that green, but it really does work very well w/ the blocks.

still am behind on my posts. Geez. Today was much busier than I expected.

Janice McC 05-26-2017 04:33 PM

Joan, I love this one!

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7831372)
I REALLY like that green with the blue Janice. Finished putting the binding on my "wine" panel quilts.No idea where Im gonna put it but it was a fun one to make.

Janice McC 05-26-2017 04:46 PM

Your idea for the sashing is wonderful! The deep orange sets the blocks off nicely. Cannot wait to see how it looks completed.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7830448)
Okay one more pic, now I have to get back to making sashing since I ran out. There will be sashing between the rows also.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]573570[/ATTACH]

Terriamn, those cushions are lovely. You did a great job on them. I need two done, can I interest you in making them??? Lol. And congrats for figuring out the shelving!

Mjp, I'm happy you weren't more seriously hurt. I know that skree...almost had a tumble down a hill in similar circumstances in Gila, NM. That's a tricky surface to navigate. Up never seems as bad but down...watch out!

sewbizgirl, a belated happy anniversary to you and your hubby.

terriamn 05-26-2017 07:31 PM

Janice my advice on the cushions is to take the old one apart and make a pattern from it. When I was at my sister's I bought her massage chair she had bought from her chiropractor and itneeds a pretty new throw cushion. Found some fabric today and will make it when I go home.

marietta 05-27-2017 01:03 AM

terriamn yes the aquatic is water and I won't start until next Tuesday. Because I can't use the stairs they will be using a "lift", this will be interesting lol.

mjp ~ Sorry for you fall glad your doing ok!

Happy Anniversary Sewbiz Blessings for many more years.

joan great quilts especially like the sashing and bright colors on the wine one

Janice love the blocks and yes the green goes well, very nice

Janice McC 05-27-2017 05:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Terriamn, that's the plan but I bought directional fabric so I now have to cut the pattern in half and make each half in opposite directions. A little thing like that can derail my momentum. Plus I have to restuff one of them and I haven't gotten the foam yet. It would have been cheaper and easier to just buy new cushions but I love the fabric. [ATTACH=CONFIG]573703[/ATTACH]
Our cabin is red and mom loves elephants so this is a winner, IF I ever get them done.

sewbizgirl 05-27-2017 06:20 AM

Thanks for the anniversary wishes!

Janice, my mom loved elephants, too. I think I 'caught' it from her. Adorable fabric.

Kassaundra 05-27-2017 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Making some progress, working on the long sashing pieces. [ATTACH=CONFIG]573708[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 05-27-2017 08:35 AM

Well I seem to have hit a snaffu. The outer row of sashing strips should each only have one orange triangle but I made them all w/ 2. So looks like my "X", Jack and I will be spending some quality time together.

terriamn 05-27-2017 08:36 AM

Looking great Kass

Janice I bought decorative edging for my pillow cover and I'm just guessing on how to do it. Just might derail me also. Love your elephants. Elephants are my oldest granddaughter's thing