Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

sewbizgirl 06-01-2017 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7835694)
SewBiz I wrote no black or brown with mine, maybe I should add no white also ?

I'm still pondering the white... maybe I'll say no black or brown, too. Will have to think on it some more. So did you do the same, Terri? Pull florals from your stash? I stole your idea.... But I love that mostly all of these came from the scrap bins. Love making use of them.

joanelizbay 06-01-2017 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been putting my April blocks together 2 at a time with black binding..Looks like Ill have to make at least one more. The blocks you all made are SO much prettier in person next to each other. Im really impressed with ALL of them. I had ordered this fabric thinking i might use it as the border but Im not so sure now...Its more of a creme, not white in it but Ill have to wait and see how it progresses...Wish I had the weekend off to work on it but son and DIL are going to St louis to see a Metalica concert...his generation calls that music..me, Im trying to get tickets to see Alan Jackson at the state fair!! LOL

sewbizgirl 06-01-2017 05:12 PM

Joan, that black stripe is so gorgeous! Can't wait to see your blocks put together.

Yeah, Metalica is what I call "screamo" music. Can't believe it's still around. :shock:

terriamn 06-02-2017 01:47 PM

SewBiz I pulled about 30 out and got it down to 20 to send. Wish I could say I made a dent but you can't even see a difference. These florals are all long quarter yards do there should be lots to work with

Other fabric has black background with lots of bright colored flowers several inches in height and it says Peace and Love. Should be fun to work with

jaba 06-02-2017 05:11 PM

All of you are on the ball for sure. Haven't even started cutting mine out yet but for sure the fabric hubby picked will be one that I will send. Have to ask him if he has a preference on colors.

Kassaundra 06-02-2017 05:18 PM

I'm w/ you Jaba, I know the fabric I'm sending but haven't started cutting yet.

mjpEncinitas 06-03-2017 07:40 AM

Oh I'm so tempted.
Right now I'm dealing with fleas. We brought them back from our camping trip probably at the same place I fell. It is really a battle. I get bit but apparently my husband doesn't react to the bites. My husband says he's going to give me a flea bath.

We are supposed to do a house exchange to Hawaii starting Thursday. The couple knows we are in a flea battle. The professionals are coming Tuesday. After that we'll give them an update and they will decide. Fortunately it's confined
to one room.

The silver lining is if we don't go to Hawaii I'll be able to do the boom.

terriamn 06-03-2017 07:51 AM

MJP would love to have you in the boom but a house exchange in Hawaii sounds fantastic.

Kassaundra 06-03-2017 07:54 AM

I too love our Booms, BUT I'd go to Hawaii if I had the chance.

terriamn 06-03-2017 07:59 AM

With all the time spent at the lake in the summer getting fabric ready for the booms has to be done early.

Last night I was sitting on deck and a cute little dog showed up. Knew it wasn't from the campground. Luckily little Sophie had tags with her phone number on it and I left a message. Happy ending for Sophie