Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April - Boom 18 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-boom-18-a-t284947.html)

Kassaundra 06-05-2017 11:41 AM

This stuff http://www.joann.com/retayne-color-f...e/2181311.html

GramE 06-05-2017 11:52 AM

Thanks, I love the fabric & hate to think I can't use it for anything! :(

Janice McC 06-05-2017 12:57 PM

GramE, It's three inches wide. And the border will be the same. I laid it out with varying other width borders but none seemed as pleasing to my eye as a simple 3 inch border so that's that. Decision made. Now to finish quilting the sashing.

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7837823)
Janice, how wide are your sashing? Very attractive.

glad your DH is home.

Janice McC 06-05-2017 12:59 PM

Retayne is the key. Follow the directions. I've never had anything other than a slight bleed with some reds when I used retayne. Very slight.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7837991)

Janice McC 06-05-2017 01:07 PM

FINALLY! My mother's cat, Cyrano, has finally figured out the automatic feeder! Lol. I bought one bc between the three of us, we were overfeeding him and that boy needs to be on a diet. For two weeks he's been oblivious to the food falling into his bowl and kept looking at me like, "Well??? I'm hungry." At 5 pm the food dropped and Cyrano flew into the kitchen like his tail was on fire. He got it! Yay.

jaba 06-05-2017 02:42 PM

Couldn't help but laugh Janice......he must have gotten hungry enough :)

sewbizgirl 06-05-2017 05:32 PM

LOL... kitties can be dense at times. My cat feeder is such that the food can come down into the dish at any time. So I thought kitty would pull it out with her paw when she needed it. Nope. She just sits by an empty bowl and waits for me to fish it out for her. My dog is another story. He takes me to his bowl when it gets low so I can refill the kibble. Then he leaves it! He just wants to make sure I fill it up for later when he feels like eating.

Janice McC 06-06-2017 04:01 AM

Jaba, that blasted cat is staring at me right now. What? It's not enough that I gave him my first small QAYG quilt? Geez! He's emptied his food bowl from his 5am feeding and now is giving me the death stare. We bought a programmable feeder. It has more than enough settings to personalize it for him. He needs to shed at least 2 pounds. He gets 1/8 cup four times a day. If that isn't enough to slim him down, he'll have one feeding deleted. My, won't he be pleased? NOT. This morning I worked on putting the two halves of the quilt together. It's pinned but not sewn yet. It's definitely getting to the point where it's no longer easy for me to sew straight lines well. I'm having to fidget with it every few inches and it's tedious. Luckily, I'm in the home stretch. After this portion, it'll be the borders and binding. How some of you quilt whole quilts under a DSM and have them turn out so beautifully, I'll never know.

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7838075)
Couldn't help but laugh Janice......he must have gotten hungry enough :)

terriamn 06-06-2017 05:05 AM

Janice I can just see the cat giving you the evil eye.I swear my dog has dementia, she is old and has started some very peculiar practices that are driving me nuts. Let her out and she wants in immediately, looks at me and barks ( she is normally not a barker) won't respond when she's called, etc. etc.

Libster 06-06-2017 05:19 AM

" that blasted cat is staring at me right now. What? It's not enough that I gave him my first small QAYG quilt? Geez! He's emptied his food bowl from his 5am feeding and now is giving me the death stare. "

Janice, LOL. As long as he doesn't pull his straight razors on you, you'll be okay! To say cats are a little arrogant and condescending is a bit of an understatement, right?? In their eyesight, they own us. Chop, chop, Human! LOL