Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April Postcard Swap. Come join us for the fun. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-postcard-swap-come-join-us-fun-t263140.html)

Judith1005 04-06-2015 06:35 AM

Me too Armylady2012. In fact, I am working on one additional postcard for my 2nd partner. I am sending you an April Showers Brings May Flowers. I also have an Easter one done. But, since Easter has passed, I may keep that one and send another April Showers.

Ladies, do I have anyone who wants to be an Angel Swapper for this month. This is a just in case. I sent out an "Angel" card this morning to one of our participants for last month. This is not a swap, just a step in and make someone's day. I won't know if I'll need you until the beginning of next month. And, I sincerely hope I won't need you. But, sometimes, things come up beyond our control. So, please keep in touch with me if you need a helping hand. :)

tkhooper 04-06-2015 07:18 AM

So partners are chosen by the 5th and the card has to go out by the 20th? I don't have an idea for this month but I'll keep an eye out for this in the future. I like the idea of doing small things while I learn to quilt.

Billi 04-06-2015 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My card is going out in tomorrow's mail
April showers do bring may flowers

Judith1005 04-06-2015 05:21 PM

Very pretty Billi. I love how cheery the flowers are, even in the rain. :)

TiltedEars 04-07-2015 10:27 AM

I'll be happy to step-in as an angel swapper (even on months I may sit-out this swap). I've filled that role plenty of times in my former postcard group. Just let me know!

JuneBillie 04-07-2015 10:31 PM

Billie that is such a pretty card. I love flowers and the pretty green too. We couldn't have those pretty flowers without all those rain drops. :)

TiltedEars 04-08-2015 04:31 AM

That is a pretty purple flower postcard! Lovely work on it.

cuppy 04-08-2015 07:20 AM

Finished my partner's April Flowers , post card! Will mail on Friday!

lucky_alf2 04-08-2015 09:36 AM

Hi all! I just wanted to drop a quick note to day hello. I am a busy mom and craft dabbler, but throughout the years I consistently enjoy my quilting projects. I've been a QB lurker lately and decided to make the jump from "looker" to "doer" this month! This is my first Quilty Postcard so I hope I do OK -- I certainly am not as speedy as some of you and am probably overthinking it. I've picked my pattern and fabrics and hope to get everything cut this evening after the kids go to bed. Anyways, happy hump-day Wednesday to all :)

Judith1005 04-08-2015 09:48 AM

Hi lucky_alf2,

really glad you decided to jump right in. :) I am sure you will do just fine. Simple designs make really pretty postcards also. You still have lots of time to construct your postcard and mail. Just enjoy yourself. Happy hump day to you as well.

I usually have the problem of trying to fit it all in. And sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. :D I have thrown away my fair share of bombs as well. lol

Judith1005