Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August Postcard Swap, Come join the fun! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-postcard-swap-come-join-fun-t267833.html)

Judith1005 07-30-2015 11:39 AM

Everyone, I must remind you, please read the rules at the beginning. I don't want to be a stickler, but, it is important. I want everyone to have a good time. There are NO bad questions. There is not just one way to do a Fabric Postcard. But, the general rules of the swap do need to be followed.

I want to welcome all our newcomers and want to thank everyone of you swappers for participating. I am so enjoying all the pretty, inventive and unique postcards you are all making.

Thank you.

ctyankee 07-30-2015 01:38 PM

I also use muslin for the address side of the postcard, so my postcard is all fabric. I use the pigma micron pen Judith mentioned. I take the postcard to the post office & ask them to please hand stamp it. They don't weigh it, because I have yet to put embellishments on it. I've been making postcards for a number of years. Don't think I'm an expert, but my daughter once said to me she'd like something in her mailbox besides bills. So she's been the recipient of all my postcards. Never lost one -- knock on wood. The stamp stays on!

That's my story & I'm sticking to it!

ctyankee 07-30-2015 01:39 PM

Oh, maybe I should've pointed out -- my daughter lives an hour south of me, not in the same house, so the postcard does do a little traveling!

nana20010 07-30-2015 02:31 PM

were do we find the micron pen at

nana20010 07-30-2015 02:34 PM

awesome come on everybody this is so much fun love getting my post cards and thanks judith1005 for posting my pict. trying to learn bu no luck so for

Judith1005 07-30-2015 02:36 PM

I buy mine at Michael's with a coupon. They are about 1.50 with the coupon. I put the free Michaels app on my phone and I usually have a coupon I can use.

Judith1005 07-30-2015 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by nana20010 (Post 7272171)
awesome come on everybody this is so much fun love getting my post cards and thanks judith1005 for posting my pict. trying to learn bu no luck so for

Your welcome. *It's no problem.*

dfelker 07-30-2015 02:48 PM

How exactly are you guys heat setting the micro pen?
Ooops I don't remember if I wrote on my 1st post card!! Sorry if I didn't. I love this swap because there is NO binding required, just finishing and you can EMBELLISH.

Judith1005 07-30-2015 02:59 PM

Dorothy, I heat set mine with my Iron. Just be careful not to scorch your fabric. (Which, I am guilty of doing. Note, I have tossed out the offending Iron. :)) And, I keep my press cloth handy as well. I just keep the Iron over the written part for a few seconds.

Writing on the postcard is always the hardest part. I never know what to say. But, I always try to include a note on the back. It is strictly up to you, the maker of the card. Some people do write on it. Some people don't. I usually write out what I want to say on paper first, then I just copy onto my postcard.

ctyankee 07-30-2015 05:40 PM

I get my micron pens at JoAnn Fabrics -- with a coupon, of course! I keep losing them. I think there's a micron pen gremlin in the house who hides them on purpose. So I need to have several or I'd never get anything finished! I also use an iron to set the ink.

I'm so excited about this swap!