Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-july-31st-4pm-cst-t195514.html)

Liz22 08-06-2012 01:59 PM

Just putting mine together, thanks for some hints ladies. My sp needs fabric on colors I don't have, but I think I'll still make something to throw in there.

Vanogay 08-06-2012 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by roseirish48 (Post 5422203)
package sent off today to my secret pal. State is south of me and is linked with a Ford.

Could be me - I could be south of you (don't see which state you're in), but Tennessee is linked with a Ford -----I"ll be waiting.

Vanogay 08-06-2012 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by susansomethings (Post 5422213)
Ok I put my name in for August Sp & I read that we are to keep a $10 limit...but just seen pic's of a Sp who recieved a lot of stuff...looks to me a bunch more then $10 worth. Now I am wondering if what I planned on mailing is not enough...oh my! I don't want to disappoint my SP. This is my first time doing this..now don't know what to send!

Susansomethings, I had the same problem my first month. I was not sure about this $10 limit. Well, I, like everyone else here, went shopping for the $1.00 specials you find everywhere (flea markets, dollar tree, etc) and put a lot in my next box. I spent the great majority of the budget on the fabric I put in now - all the rest is lagniappe. (Oh, sorry, that's cajun for "a little extra"

Vanogay 08-06-2012 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 5422293)
Okay my package is scheduled for pickup from my house tomorrow... So it will arrive in - - - - - - on Friday or Saturday...
There is an o in the name of the state... Enough hints, remember it's a state NW of me....

Well, shucks, Tennessee doesn't have an o.

Vanogay 08-06-2012 02:27 PM

Fay, so sorry about your brother. The only ones hurting now are those left behind. Keep up the spirits. prayers sent your way.

Crafty Darlene 08-06-2012 02:37 PM

Haven't been on the board all day today...
Faye my friend, so very sorry to hear about your brother please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It's so very hard for those who are left behind! Will pm you but let me know if I can do anything for you.

You all are so impressive here I thought I was doing good, hoped to have my sp pkg in the mail some time this week and wow lots of you have already mailed! Awesome job and nice pkg Rosemary.

Krystyna 08-06-2012 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 5422293)
Okay my package is scheduled for pickup from my house tomorrow... So it will arrive in - - - - - - on Friday or Saturday...
There is an o in the name of the state... Enough hints, remember it's a state NW of me....

Are those dashes the exact count of letters? One word or two?

Ladybug 1938 08-06-2012 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5422470)
Are those dashes the exact count of letters? One word or two?

Those dashes are exactly the number of letters and only one word...LOL Got it Krystyna... don't tell...

k9dancer 08-06-2012 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer (Post 5421437)
TO my friends. Just wanted to let you know my brother died on Saturday. Thany you all for your prayers for my family. Faye

I am so sorry for your loss.

Krystyna 08-06-2012 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938 (Post 5422513)
Those dashes are exactly the number of letters and only one word...LOL Got it Krystyna... don't tell...

Only ONE state has six letters and an O in it.
NuYork!:D