Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-july-31st-4pm-cst-t195514.html)

Knitette 08-07-2012 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by susansomethings (Post 5422213)
Ok I put my name in for August Sp & I read that we are to keep a $10 limit...but just seen pic's of a Sp who recieved a lot of stuff...looks to me a bunch more then $10 worth. Now I am wondering if what I planned on mailing is not enough...oh my! I don't want to disappoint my SP. This is my first time doing this..now don't know what to send!

It's simply not possible for me to stick to a $10 budget - that would barely buy you a FQ and spool of thread here, so I've had to really think about my parcels. Also, the packages have to be fairly small and/or light so the postage isn't ridiculous. Nor have I been able to make anything as I've been having a new kitchen fitted (I'm not really doing much of a sales pitch, am I? lol). However, I've put a lot of thought into them so hopefully the recipients will agree that good things come in small packages :) I'll find out soon!

Krystyna 08-07-2012 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser (Post 5422619)
It's from Wing and a Prayer. I'm going to enter it into the Montana State Fair in 2013 - and I'm going to do it 100% myself cause I just bought the brand new Pfaff P3 PowerQuilter. So I'm all sorts of excited.

Kelly that is soooo pretty!

Krystyna 08-07-2012 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by skaduzy (Post 5422642)
Krystyna,
When is the deadline for the patriotic blocks? (forgot :() I got one made so far but now am working on my class reunion stuff....nametags, memory board, etc. I will not be able to do any more until after the 20th of this month. I am still okay? Right?
Sue

Happily we have plenty of time. Depending on what program they put her in she will leave either October 26th or November 27th. She really wanted to get into Broadcast Journalism but might go into Linguistics instead. I'm not sure how this military program works, but she keeps getting tested. She's coming over to my house next week so I can work on the memory quilt from her Nana's old house dresses, so I'll be sure to get some photos of her with the quilt as it is so far.

Krystyna 08-07-2012 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne (Post 5422684)
Krystyna - Wishful thinking... What about Oregon? Besides, I was always told it's Nu Yawk.

Shhhh! You'll give it away!!!!
And it's New Yawk if you're from Brooklyn.
I live on Lawn Guy Land.

Krystyna 08-07-2012 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5422756)
the stars at night are big and bright....deep in the heart of Texas......

You forgot the LA-LA-LA-LA DOOO DAH DOOOOOO!

quiltnut4ever 08-07-2012 03:53 AM

Faye, so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. Hugs and prayers sent your way.

Mailed my SP package yesterday morning. My SP's weather forecast calls for the high of 95 and lows in the 50's. It is also the birthplace of T?

luvstoquilt 08-07-2012 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5418967)
I missed this post. Louise? You're moving???

OOPS! So sorry..did not mean to start a rumor for sure...now I have to go back and see who is moving.

TheMamaHauser 08-07-2012 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever (Post 5423456)
Faye, so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. Hugs and prayers sent your way.

Mailed my SP package yesterday morning. My SP's weather forecast calls for the high of 95 and lows in the 50's. It is also the birthplace of T?

That sounds a lot like Great Falls right now. One thing I don't miss about Wichita is 2 months of triple-digit weather. They think we might top 100 tomorrow. Might. Woo!

luvstoquilt 08-07-2012 04:16 AM

Sharon Anne...I love your block.

Kelly the quilt is lovely..can't wait to see yours.

Faye I am so sorry you lost your brother. My thoughts are with you.

Krystyna 08-07-2012 04:22 AM

Hahahaha! I just realized I put a scrub brush ($1 at ACE Hardware) into my SP's package without telling her what it was for! (fabulous for scooping up all those wayward threads on a carpeted area without jamming up your vacuum cleaner) Now she probably thinks I'm suggesting she should scrub her floors!!!