Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   August Secret Pal Sign Up Closes July 31st 4pm CST (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/august-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-july-31st-4pm-cst-t195514.html)

mizkyp 08-07-2012 04:23 AM

Faye, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sharon Anne, love the quilt block.

susansomethings 08-07-2012 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5423512)
Hahahaha! I just realized I put a scrub brush ($1 at ACE Hardware) into my SP's package without telling her what it was for! (fabulous for scooping up all those wayward threads on a carpeted area without jamming up your vacuum cleaner) Now she probably thinks I'm suggesting she should scrub her floors!!!

Well if I don't get one I'll know to use one...great idea!

kountrykreation 08-07-2012 04:58 AM

Will be mailing my SP package today (or tomar). My SP lives 2 1/2 miles from a town that I live 60 miles away from.........

LindaR 08-07-2012 05:17 AM

I think packages do tend to get larger and larger...if you figure 4 FQ's would be $10???? quilters are genereous people LOL

SLHughes 08-07-2012 05:27 AM

I am hoping to finish my secret pals package today. I have one more item to get ... I have been looking and looking and I am unable to find it ... even though a couple of weeks ago everywhere I went it was there. I have one more place to check ... the liquor store ... yep I said the liquor store ... wish me luck that I find it there.

Krystyna 08-07-2012 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by susansomethings (Post 5423525)
Well if I don't get one I'll know to use one...great idea!

I can't tell you how many hours I've spent pulling thread off my vacuum's roller. Not to mention the horror when I see thread hanging from one end or the other on my pups.

Krystyna 08-07-2012 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR (Post 5423647)
I think packages do tend to get larger and larger...if you figure 4 FQ's would be $10???? quilters are genereous people LOL

Joann had them on sale for 99 cents ... and add to that the 25% off discount. You can get a LOT of FQs for that price.

luvstoquilt 08-07-2012 05:59 AM

I am going to get my package in the mail today since it is leaving the USA and going to a place I love to visit. I hope my SP will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed gathering it!

jaba 08-07-2012 06:05 AM

I'm getting a little nervous here, still waiting on the mail for what I ordered for my SP. I may just have to send it, need to go back and look at the dates again. Krystyna I think I need to send you about $20 to go get FQ's for me and mail them, closest Joann's is 120 miles. That's what I get for living in a small, tiny, wee little town. Buuuuuuutttt, it really does have it's advantages. Maybe that's why I love these pkgs. so much, they all come from the big city.:o

Havplenty 08-07-2012 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt (Post 5423458)
OOPS! So sorry..did not mean to start a rumor for sure...now I have to go back and see who is moving.

it's me that's moving. it does the mind good to purge things. i put a lot of stuff out on the curb free for taking yesterday and it was grabbed up almost immediately. what doesn't get picked up will go to goodwill. i even found 2 crystal bowls i had forgotten about (for 10+ yrs of company service). i have even managed to gift my stove and fridge to a needy household. i will get to purchase new shiny ones now.:) yep glad i had some time to purge.