Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Batik Block Sampler ~~ Sign-ups Close May 30th, 2012 ~~ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/batik-block-sampler-%7E%7E-sign-ups-close-may-30th-2012-%7E%7E-t184834.html)

jaba 04-28-2012 06:36 PM

Maybe more people will sign up with this addition. Wish I would have seen this coming, could have used alot of fabric that was only enough for 2-4 blocks, instead of buying new.

PinkLotus 04-28-2012 07:52 PM

Sorry Jan, but I thought maybe if I done this that we would get some more swappers, and I have a few that are signed up that was having a tough time deciding on what pattern would work best with some strips. I will be sure and apply this to my other swaps in the future :thumbup:

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5178498)
Maybe more people will sign up with this addition. Wish I would have seen this coming, could have used alot of fabric that was only enough for 2-4 blocks, instead of buying new.

jaba 04-29-2012 09:17 AM

Not a problem at all, just means you'll have to do another one in the fall, then I'll use them......:o

mom-6 04-29-2012 09:22 AM

Hoping I will get a chance to actually get some blocks made as I love batiks and have done the previous batik block swaps and have loved the blocks I received. Will let you know for sure when I see how my sewing time works out in these next few weeks. Still trying to figure out how to clone myself. LOL!

Annaquilts 04-29-2012 10:52 AM

Oh I wished I had known. I have actually cut partial sets but found out I was short some fabric for a couple pieces in the block and then bought new fabric to finnish the block with all the same pattern or colors. I think the problem is too that when I find a pattern like on quilter's cache it is for one block only and I often have a hard time figuring out how much I need for 12 blocks. I am glad for the change and hope it will help more people. Most of my batik stash is FQ but I did buy yardage for the swap. Hmm maybe I need to make some more now I can use those strips. LOL

Originally Posted by PinkLotus (Post 5177347)
OK, I have decided to make a change to help some out who are wanting to use from their stash.

- You make a set of 12 blocks out of the SAME pattern, but you can use ANY Batik fabrics to make your blocks :)

- ANY 12" finished block (12.5" at time of mailing cause the 1/2" is your seam allowances) block pattern will work!

I hope this helps out those who are wanting to use what they have on hand. I am sending Patrice a PM now to change this on the first page.

PinkLotus 04-29-2012 07:35 PM

Hope you can join us mom-6... Lol Anna, glad this worked out where you could make more. Also, I think this will give me more variety to swap blocks out with- ya know :)

Annaquilts 04-30-2012 08:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the last set of blocks I made. Hope you like the block. They are all 12 the same.

Fraew 04-30-2012 08:44 PM

Yes I like them!!!! :thumbup:

SheriR 04-30-2012 09:15 PM

Oh boy Anna those are nice!

Muse&Sew 05-01-2012 06:44 AM

Beautiful Anna!