Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

quilt addict 08-28-2017 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 7894384)
Has anyone done a round robin quilt with the board? That's where you send in a middle square and various exchangers make the borders around the square. ,2" 4", 6", 8" for example. Each group has 5 people in it. It ends up being a finished medallion quilt top about 60x60. Givio did some last year. I lurked. It looked like fun. I asked her if she was going to do another round and she suggested I do one.

It it takes about 6 months. You have to be committed because if you don't complete your part on time you hold up the next exchanger. It's more tedious than making blocks, especially the last border. But you get a completed quilt that's a little more harmonious than our lovely block quilts are.

Any my experience or thoughts about this?

MJP, I did one years ago and one person stopped and myself and one other person didn't get their top back. I would like to try one again. It is a real challenge and learning experience.

quilt addict 08-28-2017 08:50 AM

Ladies, just spent the weekend going through and looking at all the beautiful blocks. They are something wonderful. I.. love the BOOMs and had to skip a few. But back again and plan to do more as long as they keep going. It is a wonderful group of people and so talented.

Healing thoughts to recover from surgery and spider bites!

joanelizbay 08-28-2017 10:43 AM

Mailed the summer blocks to Janice...think Ill hold onto the Autumn in case I want to make a bonus. DEFINATELY going to make Jaba another one. That pattern I used was new to me and the center 4 blocks with ships/planes in them didn't stand out like I thought they would....sorry..Ill definitely try something else because I love the one that was made for her with the little window squares!

Marlenab 08-28-2017 10:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Awww....you ladies are so amazing. I was feeling really stressed about it because it was actually my second goof up while making blocks. I'm going to try sewing a 1/2 inch strip to each end and see how it comes out. Worst case scenario....a date with my seam ripper and I come crying back here begging for fabric.

Anyway....I was so frazzled yesterday that I forgot to post pics of the blocks I didn't mess up. lol

These are for Sewbizgirl and Annt59. Hope you both like.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579698[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579699[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 08-28-2017 12:33 PM

Marlena your blocks look great, love the fussy cutting.

Cheesehead 08-28-2017 01:10 PM

Marlena your blocks are very pretty!

Well today it was my turn, I shouldn't have even gone into the sewing room! It's going to be very hard to try to salvage what I messed up today, now I am the frazzled one. Will just have to sleep on it tonight and see what other options I can come up with. Even the iron wasn't my friend today, it seemed it just wanted to do it's own thing, sheesh...what a day!

Jan

Marlenab 08-28-2017 01:30 PM

Thank you, Jan!

If there is anything I can do to help, just holler. I feel your frustation, my dear.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 7895825)
Marlena your blocks are very pretty!

Well today it was my turn, I shouldn't have even gone into the sewing room! It's going to be very hard to try to salvage what I messed up today, now I am the frazzled one. Will just have to sleep on it tonight and see what other options I can come up with. Even the iron wasn't my friend today, it seemed it just wanted to do it's own thing, sheesh...what a day!

Jan

Marlenab 08-28-2017 02:02 PM

Thank you Kass! That fabric was really fun! It gave me a chance to use some of my bright fabrics.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7895811)
Marlena your blocks look great, love the fussy cutting.

sewbizgirl 08-28-2017 04:40 PM

Thank you for my pretty 'square-in-a-square' block, Marlena! Love how you matched those fussy cut corner pieces. The popsicle block is too cute, also. Nice work. :o

klaws 08-28-2017 04:45 PM

Great blocks Marlena. Nice fussy cutting.