Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

Kassaundra 08-29-2017 07:18 AM

You did a great job matching the pattern. I would have never noticed had I not tried hard to find it. Even knowing where it is it still isn't easy to see or obvious.

Originally Posted by Marlenab (Post 7896268)
Ok.....here is the "goof up" block. Can anyone see the seam where I added on? I tried to match the pattern in the fabric. Honest opinions please. I have checked with Jaba and she says she's ok with it but the OCD in me is still questioning this work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579732[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 08-29-2017 07:39 AM

Marlena, I can't find your seam at all... even looking hard. You did an excellent job of matching it in! Looks perfect.

sewbizgirl 08-29-2017 07:44 AM

MJP, your reunion sounds like it was wonderful! I can see how grown adults would be more relaxed in 'who they are' and able to enjoy each other's company more than when they were in high school. I think a lot of us didn't have the best high school experience... mostly because of our own insecurities.

I used to get newsletter updates from my high school class, but haven't gotten one in a long time. Maybe the organizer just got burned out trying to keep it going. Glad you had fun!

joanelizbay 08-29-2017 08:52 AM

Marlena, looks good to me. Cant see anything wrong with it at all! My reunion was easier because most of the people that attended are still around Fayette and did the organizing. We did have one from Texas, Florida and one from Kansas and the "clown" who comes back every year from Arizona..not too many ventured far away from Missouri but what was surprising that a LOT of the people who live in towns around Fayette didn't come back. I never pass up the hugs and friendships!

terriamn 08-29-2017 09:06 AM

Marlena looks great to me. I also have one that I had to add seems and splice together Just not quite enough big pieces of fabric

Janice McC 08-29-2017 11:37 AM

Terriamn, I agree, marlenab's looks great. And it is unfortunate that we had many f8s sent out this round that were too small. I don't know if it happened in your case (I recall marlenab saying she'd had a miscut) but it was widespread. I recommended that people just do the best they could with what they were given.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7896368)
Marlena looks great to me. I also have one that I had to add seems and splice together Just not quite enough big pieces of fabric

sewbizgirl 08-29-2017 12:52 PM

I think about half of us forgot to cut off our selvedges too! I got selvedges on at least half my pieces. Not white selvedges, but selvedges nonetheless. Just remember... if you send flawed fabric or selvedges, don't be surprised to see them in your blocks. :D I often work too fast to see things like this until it's too late!

... A reminder for the next Boom.

Kassaundra 08-29-2017 02:13 PM

I've drawn out my idea for Jaba's sea fabric. It is way different then any done so far. It has several hst but I will have to do them the old fashioned way (instead of my favorite magic 8) since I will need to keep the directional fabric going in the right direction.

Libster 08-29-2017 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7896368)

Okay, I have to admit I also had one that I had to seam more onto to have large enough pieces. Taking those selvages off often leaves the block maker a tad short. That's when you just have to improvise and do the best you can. Most of the time, unless it's pointed out, you'll never even notice it.

Kassaundra 08-29-2017 04:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a sneak peak of Jaba's block. This is part 1, I can show so much as a sneak peak b/c step 2 is going to change it in a significant way.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579764[/ATTACH]